China soft lands rover on the moon

Old December 19th 13, 12:47 PM posted to sci.astro
Dean Markley

Default China soft lands rover on the moon

On Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:23:00 AM UTC-5, Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:50:38 -0800 (PST)) it happened Brad Guth

wrote in

:

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:18:00 AM UTC-8, Jan Panteltje wrote:

On a sunny day (Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:21:31 -0800 (PST)) it happened Brad G=

uth

Why are their cameras malfunctioning, or are they simply broken?

They work quite well,

last nigh I downloaded the decend of the rover from the lander from youtu=

be.

If you go to youtube.com and type 'China moon lander' in the search windo=

w,

there are many videos already.

On top of that I can watch China via high quality satellite link,

I recorded the launch, and some footage of the lander, for my archive.

Several GB of video.

The cams are high resolution, and transmitted about 1 fps when the rover =

separated

from the lander.

Why are their gamma spectrometry instruments still not working?

??

This is a 3 month mission, leave it to the mission controllers what to do=

when.

What sort of lens optics and narrow bandpass filters do each of their ca=

mer=

as have to work with?

Why are those local X-ray and gamma radiation readings not being recorde=

d?

Do you have clue?

If you made some effort you can follow that mission hour by hour online.

Perhaps you just don't get it, but then eye-candy, artistic renderings and =

media hype is all that matters to those of your kind, with apparently no ac=

tual scientific substance whatsoever.

Well, you just confirmed you are an complete idiot.

*I* am the one who designed video cameras.

YOU are the one without a clue.

Bye

LOL, that's what you get for arguing with a self-proclaimed "expert" like Brad.
Old December 19th 13, 03:13 PM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:23:00 AM UTC-8, Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:50:38 -0800 (PST)) it happened Brad Guth

Perhaps you just don't get it, but then eye-candy, artistic renderings and =
media hype is all that matters to those of your kind, with apparently no ac=
tual scientific substance whatsoever.

Well, you just confirmed you are an complete idiot.

*I* am the one who designed video cameras.

YOU are the one without a clue.

Bye

In other words, CCD imagers made by China need no special thermal management whatsoever? (I'm seriously impressed)