Dots in the sky

Old February 19th 05, 10:06 PM
Tim Auton

Default Dots in the sky

There are strange points of light in the sky and the background colour
has changed from grey-orange to dark blue with a hint of orange. The
dots are too numerous and slow moving to be aircraft.

I intend to resurrect a device which has lain dormant for generations
to investigate these points of light. The village elders say it is a
"telly scope" and was last used on a night in 1837 which later became
known as "The Last of the Clearnights".

Tim
--
This is not my signature.
Old February 20th 05, 03:28 AM
CLT

I've heard rumors of such things.

(What was the name of the short story about a planet with multiple suns that
only rarely had darkness --- turned out they were in the middle of a
globular IIRC)

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

************************************

Old February 20th 05, 06:34 AM
Jim

"CLT" not@thisaddress wrote:

I've heard rumors of such things.

(What was the name of the short story about a planet with multiple suns that
only rarely had darkness --- turned out they were in the middle of a
globular IIRC)

Nightfall?

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2
Lost: Stack Pointer. Small reward offered if found.
Old February 20th 05, 09:01 AM
John Carruthers

There are strange points of light in the sky
Are you Sir a reliable witness ?
Too many of these wild claims have been shown to be a hoax.
Until new evidence shows the endless nature of the Universal Cloud to
be false I must treat your claims with scepticism sir.
jc

--
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jc_atm/

Old February 20th 05, 12:59 PM
DH

John Carruthers wrote:
There are strange points of light in the sky

Are you Sir a reliable witness ?
Too many of these wild claims have been shown to be a hoax.
Until new evidence shows the endless nature of the Universal Cloud to
be false I must treat your claims with scepticism sir.
jc

--
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jc_atm/

Ying Tong Iddle I po !

Twits :-)

DH
Old February 20th 05, 09:08 PM
Tim Auton

"John Carruthers" wrote:

There are strange points of light in the sky

Are you Sir a reliable witness ?
Too many of these wild claims have been shown to be a hoax.
Until new evidence shows the endless nature of the Universal Cloud to
be false I must treat your claims with scepticism sir.

I can provide no evidence. My soul-catcher (a Canon 20D) seems to have
been overcome with fear at the enormous void above it and protested
with a message I believe to be in an obscure dialect of Aramaic: "err
99". I fear it is permanently afflicted as even today under the
familiar Universal Cloud it isn't quite itself. A trip to the Canon
Service Sanatorium is in order.

Tim
--
This is not my signature.
Old February 20th 05, 09:17 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Tim Auton
writes
"John Carruthers" wrote:

There are strange points of light in the sky

Are you Sir a reliable witness ?
Too many of these wild claims have been shown to be a hoax.
Until new evidence shows the endless nature of the Universal Cloud to
be false I must treat your claims with scepticism sir.

I can provide no evidence. My soul-catcher (a Canon 20D) seems to have
been overcome with fear at the enormous void above it and protested
with a message I believe to be in an obscure dialect of Aramaic: "err
99". I fear it is permanently afflicted as even today under the
familiar Universal Cloud it isn't quite itself. A trip to the Canon
Service Sanatorium is in order.

I hope it's under guarantee. When my Nikon 995 died the repair bill was
more than the price of a 4500 from Morgan Computers.
--
Support the DEC Tsunami Appeal http://www.dec.org.uk/.
Old February 20th 05, 10:49 PM
Tim Auton

Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:
In message , Tim Auton
writes

[snip]
My soul-catcher (a Canon 20D) seems to have
been overcome with fear at the enormous void above it and protested
with a message I believe to be in an obscure dialect of Aramaic: "err
99". I fear it is permanently afflicted as even today under the
familiar Universal Cloud it isn't quite itself. A trip to the Canon
Service Sanatorium is in order.

I hope it's under guarantee. When my Nikon 995 died the repair bill was
more than the price of a 4500 from Morgan Computers.

Oh yes, the 20D came out less than a year ago so mine is safely under
guarantee. I can only presume it froze to death, but it's rated down
to freezing and according to my thermometer I had a full 1 degree C to
play with.

Tim
--
This is not my signature.
Old February 22nd 05, 02:10 PM
Martin Frey

DH wrote:

Ying Tong Iddle I po !

Twits :-)

DH

As I recall, Yiddle I po, but if this is no longer pc I apologise to
both you, the board of deputies and Ken.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old February 22nd 05, 02:51 PM
DH

Martin Frey wrote:
DH wrote:
Ying Tong Iddle I po !
Twits :-)
DH

As I recall, Yiddle I po, but if this is no longer pc I apologise to
both you, the board of deputies and Ken.
Cheers
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 02 E 0 47

OK :-) but my GS script book shows wot I writted....

DH