Which says nothing about the Mantle You really are an idiot

Old September 21st 08, 08:58 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

Default Which says nothing about the Mantle You really are an idiot

On Sep 21, 12:51*am, "Number Eleven - GPEMC!"
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

On Sep 20, 11:04 pm, "Number Eleven - GPEMC!"

wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[SNIP]

So, where does the energy that drives observed plate motion against
substantial mantle friction come from, and what evidence do we have other
than plate motion, for the expenditure of that energy (IE specific to
source: eg. rotational deceleration, orbital deceleration, orbital decay,
etc.)...?

"My dear man,nobody kept an eye on planetary shape when discussing the
Earth's interior and I most certainly am not going to remind people
who are supposed to be doing their jobs that differential rotation is
an observed generalised rule for rotating compositions in a viscous
state.How the Earth and its 40 km spherical deviation is going to
remain exempt from rotational dynamics and the specifics of that
dynamic is anyone's guess but arguing with people who are fully intent
in ignoring a rotating Earth would not be my idea of enjoyment."

[SNIP]

No-one is ignoring a rotating earth, nor the "oblate spheroid" shape. If you
don't present your case, and you don't present solid verifiable
substantiative evidence, how can you expect anyone to adopt your conclusion?

No offence,but I am under no onus to prove anything nor do I care
whether you or anyone else can appreciate fluid dynamics of a
rotating viscous interior.Once I hear Coriolis mentioned I know that I
do not have the attention of genuine or competent individuals,that is
not a slight on you,just something I know from experience.When the
guys look at sphericity and differential rotation via stellar
dynamics and then apply the same generalised principles of fluid
dynamics to the Earth , it may be possible to move on to surface
correlations but without the acknowledgement of the specifics of
rotational dynamics as regards to the spherical deviation I would be
wasting my time.

I do not get any satisfaction from pointing out that the rotating
Earth and viscous interior has geological consequences to people who
are absolutely intent in ignoring it or throwing worthless
vocabularistic voodoo back at me as some excuse for a response.

Convection by an internal heat source confirmed in both parts by geological
activity, is further confirmed by differential motion of plates and
confluent motion of mantle material relative to plate motion as confirmed by
Beryllium 10 isotope studies (Wilson, 1993). IE convergences and divergences
of surface features of a system such as plates are most effectively
explained by convection, especially when material is known to flow under the
plates confluently.

Convection cells require no association with planetary shape and
rotation and that leaves nothing to discuss,at least for me.When
genuine people who are serious about their jobs start to see the
possibilities afforded by organising the viscous interior around a
rotational dynamic and then link planetary shape with crustal motion/
evolution then points can be argued over but not before then.

GPEMC! Anti-SPAM email conditions apply. Seewww.fieldcraft.biz/GPEMC
The General Public Electronic Mail Contract is free for public use.
If enough of us participate, we can launch a class action to end SPAM
Put GPEMC in your signature to join the fight. Invoice a SPAMmer today!