Deja-vu nightmare optics from Halley days

Old November 7th 04, 06:47 AM
RichA

Default Deja-vu nightmare optics from Halley days

Old November 7th 04, 03:39 PM
Rod Mollise

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0&item=3850541

392&rd=1

You spend a LOT of time on Ebay, don't you? :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old November 7th 04, 07:55 PM
RichA

On 07 Nov 2004 15:39:35 GMT, (Rod Mollise) wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0&item=3850541
392&rd=1

You spend a LOT of time on Ebay, don't you? :-)

Actually, no. But I forced myself to go through the telescope
offerings to see if it had changed from a few years ago.
Not really.
-Rich
Old November 7th 04, 09:52 PM
Florian

I used to have a somewhat similar "Halley" zoom scope. I think mine was =
made by Bushnell. I never used it for anything astronomical. But it was =
a very sharp little daytime spotting scope. My workplace is across from =
an airport and i kept it in a little tripod and could zoom in on airport =
comings and goings pretty well. I'd never recommend such a scope for =
astro use for daytime it might not be bad. I gave mine to a friend a few =
years ago.

-Florian

Old November 8th 04, 04:38 AM
RichA

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:52:20 GMT, "Florian"
wrote:

I used to have a somewhat similar "Halley" zoom scope. I think mine was made by Bushnell. I never used it for anything astronomical. But it was a very sharp little daytime spotting scope. My workplace is across from an airport and i kept it in a little tripod and could zoom in on airport comings and goings pretty well. I'd never recommend such a scope for astro use for daytime it might not be bad. I gave mine to a friend a few years ago.

-Florian

I remember one that looked like a small refractor but actually had
some kind of Mak front end.