Gravity theory and the big bang

Old September 2nd 04, 01:33 AM
Phych

Default Gravity theory and the big bang

I do not know if this is an existing theory, I
only came up with it today, so please bear with
my ignorance. Consider the moon (since its diameter
is so much smaller than the Earth's and its gravity
is so much less). Lets say we were (hypothetically)
to send a drilling team up there and drill from
surface to the core. What would the gravitational
effect 1 inch from the center or even at the center?
In essence, what anomoly might we find period?

The big bang theory postulates the matter came into
being from a single point in space and is forever ex-
panding. I am unaware of any measurements
to prove that the gaps between stars are increasing.
Perhaps someone can help me with that one. Barring that,
imagine that a singular event was not the case for matter
in the universe, but rather many rips in the time/space
continuum, created perhaps by vorti powered by some
unbeknownst celestial event in an alternate dimension.
Following this, logic, perhaps many of these events occured
and continue to occur (black hole?). It could be postulated
that some of the planets surrounding a star were chunks of
it flung off during its birth, dragging with it a remanant of
that rip in space fabric. Or the planets could be results of
their own births, and, traveling in close enough proximity to a
nearby star to get caught in its gavitaitional pull.

So, Perhaps what we would find at the center of the moon would
be space/time rip, in which case, anything not solid enough to
resist destruction might be sucked into an altenate dimension
with super-pressure. Thus, what we experience as gravity would
be the force of a space time rip trying to close itself.
Old September 9th 04, 08:06 AM

Phych wrote:
[...]

1st of all what anomaly are you expecting to find? It wouldn't be an
anomaly at that because whatever you would find there would be just as
predicted in science, nothing unexpected. 2nd, the big bang did not
occur in a single point in space rather than everywhere at once, since
it was an explosion of 3 things; matter, time, and even space itself.
Before the big bang there was nothing, not even empty space. Therefore
one could not conclude that the big bang occured at any specific point
in space since it was the creation of space. 3rd you stateted that you
could not find any measurements that prove that the gaps between stars
are increasing. Well thats you. Science has well established that not
only are the stars in galaxies moving afar from eachother but even more
importantly galaxies themselves are moving away from eachother at an
increasing speed. This is determined by the red shifting of the light
emitted by galaxies as they move away from us, much like a doppler
effect of light. You can hear whether a train is coming towards you or
moving away by the pitch of the sound it's making. If the sound is
increasing in pitch the train is coming towards you. If the sound is
decreasing in pitch the train is moving away. Light works in a similar
way in which if an object is moving toward you fast enough, the light
emitting from it appears to take on a bluer shade. If the object is
moving away from you it takes on a red shade. The speed at which the
object is moving towards or away from the observer can be determined by
the degree that the object has blue shifted or red shifted. Pretty much
all galaxies move away from eachother in much the same way that raisins
in bread dough move away from eachother as the dough rises. If you were
a raisin near the center of the dough you would notice that the raisins
near the outside are moving away faster than the ones right next to
you. This is also the case with galaxies in the universe. I hope those
measurements suffice in answering your question about the gaps between
stars. As far as the moon thing... well... who knows.

P.S. To be honest I wasn't exactly sure what your question was centered
upon, but if it was to explain gravity I would be happy to do my best
upon request. -Shadowmega