Machholz and single malt

Old December 19th 04, 09:29 AM
md

"Chuck" wrote in message
I'm a single malt scotch lover myself, but a more interesting and revealing
question is what is the worst whiskey you've ever drunk?

johnny walker red label for example.
--
md

Old December 19th 04, 09:44 PM
Chuck

Well, when I was 16 years old, some good ol' boys treated me to a swig of
"Old Mohegan" 100 proof bourbon. Made your whole body flinch to take a
swallow. The label should have been warning enough. It had a picture of
an Mohegan native american in silohuette with the following caption: "When
this eye blinks you've had enough" ... Thank God our taste and
judgement gets better as we get older. It's one of the few benefits ...

Chuck

Old December 20th 04, 07:21 AM
Jim

Wayne Howell wrote:

It's an observation that has been growing for well over 15
years......why is it that (in my experience) far more amateur
astronomers than statistics would support prefer as their adult beverage
some of the top level singlemalts?

Count me in on that. My single malts currently contain Glenfiddich
Havana Reserve, two Edradour finishes, Glenmorangie Port finish,
Glenmorangie Sherry finish, Mortlach 16yr old, an Isle of Jura that
looked interesting, Bowmore Darkest, a standard 10yr old Laproaig and a
35cl bottle of Bells 8yr blend for medicinal purposes :-)

Jim
--
AIM/iSight:JCAndrew2 - Log in and say 'hi'
"We deal in the moral equivalent of black holes, where the normal

Old December 20th 04, 10:46 PM
Marty

Chuck was asking
what is the worst whiskey you've ever
drunk?

Can't say for sure, but the worst WINE I've ever drunk was "Night
Train." Tasted like kerosene mixed with light machine oil.
Marty

Old December 20th 04, 11:00 PM
Howard Lester

"Marty" wrote

Chuck was asking
what is the worst whiskey you've ever
drunk?

Can't say for sure, but the worst WINE I've ever drunk was "Night
Train." Tasted like kerosene mixed with light machine oil.
Marty

Of course you would be familiar with both!

Old December 21st 04, 01:35 AM
Wayne Howell

Chuck was asking

what is the worst whiskey you've ever
drunk?

In the mid-50's, I was an underage sailor operating with a false ID
card. I went into a bar (The Zebra Cage) in San Diego and ordered a
screwdriver (at that time I was "into" vodka). A guy sat on the stool
next to me, ordered a drink, paid for it when it came, and got up and
walked out without touching the drink. Eventually, the bar tender
shoved it over to me and said "Here, you drink it." I tried, but it was
SOOOOO bad!! I could hardly force one swig down. The drink? Scotch
and milk!! Uhg..........it tasted like heavily smoked sour milk!

It was at least ten years before I could even think of trying scotch again!

I was looking today at my scotch closet....it's getting a bit low and
I'll have to get some more......I've got partial bottles of Glenlivet
12, Bowmore 12, Tomatin 12, Laphroaig 10, McCelland's, Lagavulin 16 and
Highland Park 12. I'm temporarily out of Glenmorangie and Dalwhinnie.

Wayne Howell
Photon Phlats Observatory
Port Townsend, WA
Old December 21st 04, 03:40 AM
Jan Owen

"Marty" wrote in message
Chuck was asking
what is the worst whiskey you've ever
drunk?

Can't say for sure, but the worst WINE I've ever drunk was "Night
Train." Tasted like kerosene mixed with light machine oil.
Marty

....and then there was Ripple...

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.662
Longitude: -112.3272

Old December 21st 04, 06:51 PM

Could it possibly be that amateur astonomers in general have more
disposable income?