China 'could reach Moon by 2020'

Old July 17th 08, 05:19 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

Default China 'could reach Moon by 2020'

On 17 Jul, 17:10, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:

:On 16 Jul, 02:34, calvin wrote:
:
: Michael Griffin is a delusional liar who will say or do anything to
: salvage his legacy, which is now beyond salvaging, but he doesn't
: realize that. This guy is almost an exact clone of George W. Bush.
:
: Bush is not a liar, whatever this Michael Griffin is.
:
:Oh, so there was WMD in Iraq.
:

There is a difference between being wrong and being a liar.

Of course, you are both, so perhaps you cannot differentiate...

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
*your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."

The CIA knew this from the word go. It was guerre a l'outrace. You
might argue SH had to be removed and a few lies were needed to do
this. However figure this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

He was put there by you lot. If he wasn't there in the first place he
would not have had to be removed.

There is one other fact that I think is significant. The CIA made the
US Army hunt for WMD which it knew all along did not exist. Meanwhile
the ethic cleansing which has displaced over 4 million people started.

- Ian Parker
Old July 17th 08, 09:30 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:07:14 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
Ian Parker made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

On 16 Jul, 02:34, calvin wrote:

Michael Griffin is a delusional liar who will say or do anything to
salvage his legacy, which is now beyond salvaging, but he doesn't
realize that. This guy is almost an exact clone of George W. Bush.

Bush is not a liar, whatever this Michael Griffin is.

Oh, so there was WMD in Iraq.

Whether or not there was WMD in Iraq has nothing to do with whether or
not Bush is a liar. Only an illogical ignoramus would think there is.
Old July 17th 08, 10:19 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 16 Jul, 02:34, calvin wrote:

Michael Griffin is a delusional liar who will say or do anything to
salvage his legacy, which is now beyond salvaging, but he doesn't
realize that. This guy is almost an exact clone of George W. Bush.

Bush is not a liar, whatever this Michael Griffin is.

Oh, so there was WMD in Iraq.

Whether or not there was WMD in Iraq has nothing to do with whether or
not Bush is a liar. *Only an illogical ignoramus would think there is.

He said there were. It was not true. He rubbished Ralph Ikea. What
else.

- Ian Parker
Old July 18th 08, 01:24 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:19:57 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,

On 16 Jul, 02:34, calvin wrote:

Michael Griffin is a delusional liar who will say or do anything to
salvage his legacy, which is now beyond salvaging, but he doesn't
realize that. This guy is almost an exact clone of George W. Bush.

Bush is not a liar, whatever this Michael Griffin is.

Oh, so there was WMD in Iraq.

Whether or not there was WMD in Iraq has nothing to do with whether or
not Bush is a liar. *Only an illogical ignoramus would think there is.

He said there were. It was not true.

Thank you. You indisputably demonstrate that you equate saying
something is not true with a lie. Thus, you also demonstrate my point
about ignorant illogical idiots, with no understanding of the meaning
of the word "liar," and "lie."

And actually, we still don't even know that it wasn't true.
Old July 18th 08, 06:18 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Ian Parker wrote:

:On 17 Jul, 17:10, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Ian Parker wrote:
:
: :On 16 Jul, 02:34, calvin wrote:
: :
: : Michael Griffin is a delusional liar who will say or do anything to
: : salvage his legacy, which is now beyond salvaging, but he doesn't
: : realize that. This guy is almost an exact clone of George W. Bush.
: :
: : Bush is not a liar, whatever this Michael Griffin is.
: :
: :Oh, so there was WMD in Iraq.
: :
:
: There is a difference between being wrong and being a liar.
:
: Of course, you are both, so perhaps you cannot differentiate...
:
: --
: "You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
: *your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
:
:The CIA knew this from the word go.
:

See what I mean about you being a liar?

:
:It was guerre a l'outrace. You
:might argue SH had to be removed and a few lies were needed to do
:this. However figure this.
:
:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein
:
:He was put there by you lot. If he wasn't there in the first place he
:would not have had to be removed.
:

You've been corrected on this before. He was ***NOT*** "put there by"
us. Your cite doesn't support your statement.

Given that you have been repeatedly corrected on this and yet still
keep saying it, you have graduated from merely being ignorant to being
an outright and deliberate liar.

:
:There is one other fact that I think is significant. The CIA made the
:US Army hunt for WMD which it knew all along did not exist. Meanwhile
:the ethic cleansing which has displaced over 4 million people started.
:

You mean there's one other delusion of yours based on lies about the
facts which you would like to put forward as if it is significant.

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
-- Mark Twain
Old July 18th 08, 05:53 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 16 Jul, 02:34, calvin wrote:

Michael Griffin is a delusional liar who will say or do anything to
salvage his legacy, which is now beyond salvaging, but he doesn't
realize that. This guy is almost an exact clone of George W. Bush..

Bush is not a liar, whatever this Michael Griffin is.

Oh, so there was WMD in Iraq.

Whether or not there was WMD in Iraq has nothing to do with whether or
not Bush is a liar. *Only an illogical ignoramus would think there is.

He said there were. It was not true.

Thank you. *You indisputably demonstrate that you equate saying
something is not true with a lie. *Thus, you also demonstrate my point
about ignorant illogical idiots, with no understanding of the meaning
of the word "liar," and "lie."

And actually, we still don't even know that it wasn't true.- Hide quoted text -

You talk the most complete rot. The criteria for resolution is 1.22
lambda/d and if you are looking down on the Earth you are diffraction
limited. Lets take

d = 1m
height = 250km
lamda (green) = 0.5 micron

This gives us resolution of 1.22*250*10^3/0.5*10^6 = 1.22/8 m or about
14cm

How can WMD NOT be seen you tell me. C'mon they were lying through
their teeth - Admit it.

- Ian Parker

PS - Are the laws of Phsical Optics going to be disputed like
Relativity?
Old July 19th 08, 02:12 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Ian Parker wrote:

:On 18 Jul, 01:24, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
:
: And actually, we still don't even know that it wasn't true.- Hide quoted text -
:
:You talk the most complete rot. The criteria for resolution is 1.22
:lambda/d and if you are looking down on the Earth you are diffraction
:limited. Lets take
:
:d = 1m
:height = 250km
:lamda (green) = 0.5 micron
:
:This gives us resolution of 1.22*250*10^3/0.5*10^6 = 1.22/8 m or about
:14cm
:
:How can WMD NOT be seen you tell me. C'mon they were lying through
:their teeth - Admit it.
:

Now ask yourself how big an area you can watch at that resolution.

:
:PS - Are the laws of Phsical Optics going to be disputed like
:Relativity?
:

PS - Apparently the laws of Reason have already gone by the wayside in
your immediate neighborhood.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old July 19th 08, 12:20 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 19 Jul, 02:12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:

[...]

Certainly the area Ralph Ikea could see. Basically the evice is
programmable to sweep out the area required. It will this take
pictures of the areas of interest. With 3.5 micron IR and 1m
resollution it will detect signs of activity even if that activity is
concealed.. This activity can then be sen at high optical resolution.

Basically a satellite will make a programmed sweep take in several GB
which it downloads at a different point in its orbit.

There is one further point. Iraq has been ethnically cleansed. This
started with the US Army being depoyed searching for WMD. The correct
way of looking for WMD is multispectral images. Not taking soliers
away from other tasks.

- Ian Parker
Old July 19th 08, 09:02 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

: Ian Parker wrote:
:
[...]

Which was what?

:
:Basically the evice is
rogrammable to sweep out the area required. It will this take
ictures of the areas of interest. With 3.5 micron IR and 1m
:resollution it will detect signs of activity even if that activity is
:concealed.. This activity can then be sen at high optical resolution.
:
:Basically a satellite will make a programmed sweep take in several GB
:which it downloads at a different point in its orbit.
:

Yes, and when it's not looking it's not looking.

:
:There is one further point. Iraq has been ethnically cleansed. This
:started with the US Army being depoyed searching for WMD.
:

Hogwash. It 'started' with us taking the minority Sunni boot off the
necks of the majority Shiites.

:
:The correct
:way of looking for WMD is multispectral images. Not taking soliers
:away from other tasks.
:

You're an ignorant idiot. Explain to us how such devices can see
through sand, into buildings, etc...

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old July 20th 08, 12:20 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

: Ian Parker wrote:
:
[...]

You don't need coverage all the time. The movement of lorries could be
tracked. If you are telling me that a WMD program cannot be seen in a
sunny desert I just don't believe you. I don't think anyone else will.

Basically the movement of lorries can be traced. Tracks can be seen,
cooling engines and indeed any activity can be spotted in IR. Oh no.

- Ian Parker