New Apollo Website with 3D CGs

Old July 15th 03, 05:46 PM
Rusty B

Default New Apollo Website with 3D CGs

I discovered this great Apollo website by accident. You've got to see
it for yourself.

It's called Apollo Maniacs, it's in Japan and the URL is:

http://apollomaniacs.web.infoseek.co...llo/indexe.htm

--
Rusty Barton - Antelope, California
Old July 15th 03, 09:37 PM
OM

On 15 Jul 2003 09:46:12 -0700, (Rusty B) wrote:

I discovered this great Apollo website by accident. You've got to see
it for yourself.

It's called Apollo Maniacs, it's in Japan and the URL is:

http://apollomaniacs.web.infoseek.co...llo/indexe.htm

....I saw this guy's work quite some time ago when he posted the
four-side view of the CM here, of all places. Never did find out where
his site was, tho. Too bad he doesn't have the meshes available for
download :-(

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 15th 03, 10:10 PM
Bruce Palmer

Rusty B wrote:
I discovered this great Apollo website by accident. You've got to see
it for yourself.

It's called Apollo Maniacs, it's in Japan and the URL is:

http://apollomaniacs.web.infoseek.co...llo/indexe.htm

Pretty pictures. One thing I noticed is that the ST-124 stable platform
in the IU is mis-identified.

Oh my, the English is _atrocious_. Examples:

"LVDC is the computer system which becomes the center of the control."
"S-IC finishes using the fuel filled with the huge body for only two and
a half minutes, and his mission is terminated."
"This system stops an engine with the command from the ground, burst
fuel tank, throw fuel away in the air, in the emergency."

Despite the pretty pictures, this site makes me laugh too hard to be
taken seriously.

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003

Old July 15th 03, 11:17 PM
LooseChanj

On or about Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:10:56 GMT, Bruce Palmer
made the sensational claim that:
Oh my, the English is _atrocious_. Examples:

snip examples

That's not english, it's engrish.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if you

Old July 16th 03, 12:28 AM
Doug...

In article ,
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy... _facility.org says...
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:17:45 GMT, LooseChanj
wrote:

On or about Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:10:56 GMT, Bruce Palmer
made the sensational claim that:
Oh my, the English is _atrocious_. Examples:

snip examples

That's not english, it's engrish.

"Ah, so!"

"Who you callin' an asshole?"

Thank you, Redd Foxx... )

--

It's not the pace of life I mind; | Doug Van Dorn
it's the sudden stop at the end... |
Old July 16th 03, 04:43 PM
Ami A. Silberman

I also noticed, when you follow the link to "models", that Dragon now
makes a very good looking 1/6 size Buzz Aldrin. (As well as a more
generic guy in an A7L). It looks much better than the G.I. Joe version.
(Note: Dragon is one of the companies making the really realistic 1/6
scale soldier collectable action figures.)