Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin Talk About Aliens on the Moon

Old September 25th 04, 03:20 AM
KittyKat

"Ilya Chernyh" wrote in message
Hello, KittyKat!
You wrote on Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:28:09 GMT:

?? On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 03:27:55 GMT, "KittyKat"
?? wrote: well I am not Russian so I don't know Thanks for admitting you
?? don't know. Now provide cites for your voluminous blatherings or
?? leave it to the experts.
K so why are YOU responding?? You claim to be an 'expert' now??? I don't
K KNOW the word Duma in Russian as a direct translation.
K but I do know 'hogy te sokat 'duma'lsz, de semmit sem
K mondasz............

But I don't understand what did you wrote... A set of letters...

With best regards, Ilya Chernyh. E-mail:

i wrote: 'you talk to much but say nothing' but in direct English
translation it would actually says
'that you lot talk but nothing saying'. As I explained earlier I don't speak
Russian.It was in Hungarian (Magyar). Nor did I claim I was an 'expert' as
the other poster. Actually in Hungarian we call Russia 'Oroszorsza'g' and
Russians 'Oroszok'. Just as in Hungary we call Hungary by its true name
'Magyarorszag' or land of the Magyars in English, and Hungarians
'Magyarok'. The government is known as 'kormanyzati hivatal'.
Actually the word 'duma' in Hungarian can even be used as a reference to
'chat' etc. It is a slang not a proper word and depends on the content of
the conversation as to its suggested meaning.

Old September 25th 04, 03:37 AM
KittyKat

You wrote on Mon, 20 Sep 2004 03:27:55 GMT:

?? With best regards, Ilya Chernyh. E-mail:
??
K well I am not Russian so I don't know the meaning of the word Duma.
K According tot the book I read about Lenin, the writer refered to the
K ruling political party as a 'duma'. Where I come from the word 'duma'
K means a lot of talk.........but that is in another language not
English.

Duma was a name of Russian parlament (council) when Nikolay II ruled
the country. Duma had no real power. The word "Duma" is meaning "thought".
Nikolay II established Duma under pressure of people, but retired it
shortly before Febraury Revolution.
There ware many parties in Duma.

Thank you. I was not sure of the true meaning, although it did refer to the
parlimentary council in the books as a 'Duma'. The term is used in many of
the school texts also. Hungarian on the other hand is a strange language
with many words sounding similar as one would say in English or for that
matter in Italian. I was waiting at the airport once with my brother. There
were Italians near us waiting for their relatives/friends. I kept saying to
my brother 'mindjart jon' or 'soon comeing' regarding the plane....and was
getting dirty looks from all the Italians. It seems the word 'mindja'rt'
which is spelled different in Napoletano dialect but 'sounds' exactly the
same' was a deragoratory term of the female sexual organs or something. Same
as the time when I was discussing trees with my brother....Hungarian it is
'fa' for one tree...'fa'k' for more than one and was accused of using the
f........word. Duma in Hungarian is used in differnt contexts depending on
what the conversation is about. 'Chat' or 'chatting' can be called 'duma',
dumalsz, dumalni, dumalunk, dumaltal etc. depending on the conversations, or
tense (past, present, future) etc. It can also be used sarcrastically as I
did. I find Hungarian to be more colorful and explicit and descriptive
especially when used in sarcasm.
Part of your quote and responses was to quirk or quark and her constant
demands for 'cites' assuming she is refering to 'webSITES' and my repeating
that I get a lot of information from BOOKS not websites.
With best regards, Ilya Chernyh. E-mail: