Booster Crossing

Old August 31st 03, 01:13 PM
Chuck Stewart

Default Booster Crossing

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:43:36 +0000, Steve wrote:

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the game,

S'ok... questions are both desireable and a neccessity

but what is the significance of this SRB crossing that John
Maxson is always talking about?

JTM has delusions that proving a fireball crossing, as physically
impossible as it was, will somehow discredit the finding that an
o-ring failure caused the accident.

I've watched the tapes and I don't see it.

Because it didn't happen. It couldn't have happened because of the
physical constraints of the situation. JTM has never offered a
tenable explanation as to _how_ it could possibly have happened.
All he does is stand in the middle of sci.space.shuttle and scream
endlessly that "THE BOOSTERS CROSSED!"... ad nauseum.

Even if they did cross, what would be so significant about it
anyways?

If the boosters had crossed then the left booster would have been
the one with the breach and flare. Thus JTM claimsthat the findings
of a failed o-ring would have to have been a NASA fabrication.

The fact that the flare was observed in the right SRB well before
the breakup, and was caught on film, means nothing to JTM. He just
says that the films were either of a hydrogen tank fire (said fire
existing only in his mind) or were faked by NASA... even the ones
that weren't taken by NASA.

This is important to JTM because he has his own incoherently
expressed story about what destroyed Challenger... that being an
intentional act of sabotage and murder by the men and women of NASA
at the orders of a military cabal led by Ronald Reagan. And no...
I'm _not_ making that up. Where Challenger is conserned JTM is
quite delusional.

Enlighten me please.

All girls are catgirls.

Steve

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old August 31st 03, 01:19 PM
Chuck Stewart

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:52:19 +0200, /etc wrote:

snip Maxson drivel

IMHO nobody ever stated that this flare/plume was the cause of the
accident.

The "flare/plume" JTM yammers around without addressing is the
breach in the right SRB... which very much is believed to have
caused the accident. He just can't bear to call it what it is...
thus incidently becoming even more confusing than usual for JTM.

Old August 31st 03, 01:46 PM
Chuck Stewart

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:35:22 +0200, /etc wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:19:43 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Chuck Stewart posted:

The "flare/plume" JTM yammers around without addressing is the
breach in the right SRB... which very much is believed to have
caused the accident. He just can't bear to call it what it is...
thus incidently becoming even more confusing than usual for JTM.

I don't see where Mr. Maxson is wrong by stating that the smoke
was a result of the accident (and not the cause).

Er... no... we're talking about the blazing white spear of flame
jetting from the right SRB that caused the accident and, purely
incidently, caused the smoke.

Old August 31st 03, 04:43 PM
Steve

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the game, but what
is the significance of this SRB crossing that John Maxson is always
talking about? I've watched the tapes and I don't see it. Even if they

Old August 31st 03, 05:30 PM
John Maxson

Steve wrote in message
m...

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the game,
but what is the significance of this SRB crossing that John
Maxson is always talking about?

It means that the anomalous flare/plume was an effect,
rather than the cause, of the 51-L catastrophe.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old August 31st 03, 06:16 PM
John Maxson

/etc wrote
in message news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:30:12 -0500, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, John Maxson posted:
Steve wrote in message
m...

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the game,
but what is the significance of this SRB crossing that John
Maxson is always talking about?

It means that the anomalous flare/plume was an effect,
rather than the cause, of the 51-L catastrophe.

IMHO nobody ever stated that this flare/plume was the cause of the
accident.

Not even Jon Berndt?

(Sometimes BBR is more colorful, e.g., "blowtorch breach.")

Old August 31st 03, 06:36 PM
/etc

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:16:33 -0500, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, John Maxson posted:

/etc wrote
in message news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:30:12 -0500, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, John Maxson posted:
Steve wrote in message
m...

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the game,
but what is the significance of this SRB crossing that John
Maxson is always talking about?

It means that the anomalous flare/plume was an effect,
rather than the cause, of the 51-L catastrophe.

IMHO nobody ever stated that this flare/plume was the cause of the
accident.

Not even Jon Berndt?

You've got me lost here...

(Sometimes BBR is more colorful, e.g., "blowtorch breach.")

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

--
mhm 27x12

Old August 31st 03, 06:56 PM
/etc

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:46:34 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Chuck Stewart posted:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:35:22 +0200, /etc wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:19:43 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Chuck Stewart posted:

The "flare/plume" JTM yammers around without addressing is the
breach in the right SRB... which very much is believed to have
caused the accident. He just can't bear to call it what it is...
thus incidently becoming even more confusing than usual for JTM.

I don't see where Mr. Maxson is wrong by stating that the smoke
was a result of the accident (and not the cause).

Er... no... we're talking about the blazing white spear of flame
jetting from the right SRB that caused the accident and, purely
incidently, caused the smoke.

Yes I saw the videos. I'm just trying to understand Mr. Maxson's
rationale.

--
mhm 27x12

Old August 31st 03, 07:26 PM
John Maxson

/etc wrote
in message news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:16:33 -0500, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, John Maxson posted:
/etc wrote
in message news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:30:12 -0500, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, John Maxson posted:
Steve wrote in message
m...

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the
game, but what is the significance of this SRB crossing
that John Maxson is always talking about?

It means that the anomalous flare/plume was an effect,
rather than the cause, of the 51-L catastrophe.

IMHO nobody ever stated that this flare/plume was the cause
of the accident.

Not even Jon Berndt?

You've got me lost here...

Here's a recent quote from BBR (one of dozens):

"Another piece of evidence we have that precludes a
crossing even more solidly is the breach in the right
SRB seen before and after the disintegration."

Notice the words "breach" and "seen." The alleged way
the "breach" was "seen" was via an anomalous "plume."

Old August 31st 03, 07:37 PM
/etc

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:26:53 -0500, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, John Maxson posted:

/etc wrote
in message news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:16:33 -0500, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, John Maxson posted:
/etc wrote
in message news On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:30:12 -0500, when the end of the
tunnel became apparent, John Maxson posted:
Steve wrote in message
m...

Forgive me for jumping into this debate WAY late in the
game, but what is the significance of this SRB crossing
that John Maxson is always talking about?

It means that the anomalous flare/plume was an effect,
rather than the cause, of the 51-L catastrophe.

IMHO nobody ever stated that this flare/plume was the cause
of the accident.

Not even Jon Berndt?

You've got me lost here...

Here's a recent quote from BBR (one of dozens):

"Another piece of evidence we have that precludes a
crossing even more solidly is the breach in the right
SRB seen before and after the disintegration."

Notice the words "breach" and "seen." The alleged way
the "breach" was "seen" was via an anomalous "plume."

I suppose the plume was caused by the "breach" then.
Is that right?