Nowak's future is clear...

Old February 11th 07, 08:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

Default Nowak's future is clear...

"Jim" wrote in message
Texas as a "right to work" (talk about an oxymoron)

Why do you think it's an oxymoron?

It doesn't mean you have a right to employment- it means you don't have to
join a club in order to get a job.

Old February 11th 07, 08:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:42:46 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

It doesn't mean you have a right to employment- it means you don't have to
join a club in order to get a job.

....No, actually, that's not the term for it either. You're referring
to "Open Shop" vs. "Closed Shop", and dammed if I can remember which
one means that Mafi...er.."union" scum are required to be in effect or
which one means that they can't prevent non-union workers from
working, or something like that.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old February 11th 07, 11:04 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jim

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:38:51 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
.. .
When my first marriage failed

...probably because of an inability to *properly trim your quotes*.

You don't like it then kill file me. People like you amaze me, you
don't have anything of value to offer so you revert to putting down
for some little thing like misspelling or top posting or trimming
quotes.
Go read a book.
Jim in Houston
osPAm
Nurse's creed: Fill what's empty, empty what's full,
and scratch where it itches!! RN does NOT mean Real Nerd!
Old February 11th 07, 11:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jim

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:42:46 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
.. .
Texas as a "right to work" (talk about an oxymoron)

Why do you think it's an oxymoron?

It doesn't mean you have a right to employment- it means you don't have to
join a club in order to get a job.

You have posted three times, maybe four in this particular thread,
none of which have added anything of value. Why don't you disconnect
your keyboard and go back to watching cartoons or something?
Old February 11th 07, 11:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...Well, what do you expect? He's basically a sounding board for
Guthball these days, and as we all know if you hit a surface hard
enough it leaves an impression of the object that's hitting it. Mookie
Stix is just becoming as nutty as Guth because of association and
interaction.

The one he really drove around the edge was Scott Lowther.
Mook's modus operandi was always the same.
1.) Come up with a grandiose plan that on the surface of it seems
completely insane.
2.) When the inevitable criticism of it begins, resort to voluminous
mathmatics in a attempt to show that it really would work, provided a
few small hurdles could be cleared, such as building von Neumann
machines that could replicate themselves inside of the Sun, a technology
that one suspects might be even beyond what the monoliths in 2010 were
capable of.
3.) When it was pointed out that we have not a clue how to accomplish
such a thing presently or in the foreseeable future, then state that it
shall certainly be worked out in 500 years or so.
This is about the most pointless exercise in daydreaming imaginable;
drifting beyond the bounds of even science fiction into the realm of
outright fantasy.
You see, we could make those vacuumated copper spheres lift things into
the air if they were made in two shells separated by a couple of inches
and the space between them filled with high-pressure gas which would
prevent the sphere from collapsing as it was vacuumated, and then.... :-)

Pat

Old February 12th 07, 12:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
mike flugennock

Jim wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:44:26 -0500, "Terrell Miller"
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
. ..

Thankfully reason took its course, and the only crime I was guilty of
was driving the trip in an old Plymouth Valliant with bad brakes. I
did give them a severe tongue lashing though.

you road-tripped in a Valiant and then gave *them* a toungue-lashing?!?

Yeah, actually the Valliant was the best part of the trip. Nothing
beats the Slant 6. Actually my three favorite vintage cars are '57
Chevy (no surprise there), 64 Impala convertible, and the 64 Valliant

My old college roommate also had a Valiant of mid'60s vintage -- can't
remember the exact year -- with that damn' push-button automatic
xmission gearshift on the dash, with the buttons that look like they
came off a blender.

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
"Mikey'zine": dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org
Old February 12th 07, 12:15 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:45:15 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

You see, we could make those vacuumated copper spheres lift things into
the air if they were made in two shells separated by a couple of inches
and the space between them filled with high-pressure gas which would
prevent the sphere from collapsing as it was vacuumated, and then.... :-)

....Hell, he should look at his own head for proof that his theory
won't work. He obviously had some sort of flatulence between his two
thin layers of skull, and *that* didn't prevent it from collapsing
inwards.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old February 12th 07, 12:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

mike flugennock wrote:

My old college roommate also had a Valiant of mid'60s vintage -- can't
remember the exact year -- with that damn' push-button automatic
xmission gearshift on the dash, with the buttons that look like they
came off a blender.

The Edsel had pushbutton arrangement transmission in the center of the
steering column: http://www.jetsetmodern.com/edsel.htm
It also had a radiator that looked like a vagina, although the designers
didn't figure that out until it was too late.
There was another odd one I once saw that had a block of glass mounted
on top of the steering column that looked like a HUD; this gave a you a
fisheye lens view of the world and allowed you to see if there were
vehicles next to you when changing lanes without turning your head.

Pat
Old February 12th 07, 02:13 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Jim" wrote in message
People like you amaze me

You may thinkit's amazing to properly trim your quotes, but it's just not
that hard. You simply need to learn to be smarter than the machine.

Old February 12th 07, 02:14 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Jim" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:42:46 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
. ..
Texas as a "right to work" (talk about an oxymoron)

Why do you think it's an oxymoron?

It doesn't mean you have a right to employment- it means you don't have to
join a club in order to get a job.

You have posted three times, maybe four in this particular thread

If you can count that high, you're smart enough to figure out how to trim
your quotes.

Nowak's future is clear... Esaz Space Shuttle 64 February 25th 07 05:45 AM
Clear Sky! Starlord Amateur Astronomy 2 February 3rd 06 10:30 PM
clear sky map [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 3 May 18th 05 06:18 PM
Clear Sky! starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 January 15th 05 02:01 AM
Should the sky clear ..... Lucy UK Astronomy 9 October 7th 04 11:56 PM