Bezos' Blue Origin revealed!

Old January 16th 07, 09:35 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default Bezos' Blue Origin revealed!

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : h (Rand Simberg) wrote:
: :
: : :On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:10:44 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Jeff
: : :Findley" made the phosphor on my monitor
: : :glow in such a way as to indicate that:
: : :
: : :
: : :"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
: : . ..
: : :
h (Rand Simberg) wrote:
: : :
: : : :On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 00:58:10 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Greg D.
: : : :Moore \(Strider\)" made the phosphor
: : : n my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:
: : : :
: : : :We don't care about who can or has done worse. We care about those who
: : : have
: : : :done better which is exactly who in the past 40 years/
: : : :
: : : :Who has been given money to try?
: : :
: : : So private industry could do better, if only it wasn't private
: : : industry at all but was just another baby on the national teat?
: : :
: : :Was the airline industry a "baby on the national teat" when it got the
: : :airmail subsidy?
: :
: : Did we really want email and was it useful?
: :
: :You tell me, McClod.
:
: Oh, that's right. Poor El Chimpko doesn't know anything. Of course,
: he won't believe what anyone tells him, either, so he's merely
: hopeless.
:
: :
: : :But I only stated that private entities hadn't gotten the money so
: : :far. I didn't specify where it should come from, or complain that it
: : :didn't come from the taxpayers. Guess it's that reading comprehension
: : :thing again.
: :
: : As your usual bleat about how "if only they got the money instead of
: : NASA". Guess it's that writing and cognition thing again.
: :
: :That is the least of Rand's problems. Do try and keep up...
:
: I don't want to get the lobotomy so that I can 'keep up' with you...
:
: : : Sometimes you make very little sense, Rand...
: : :
: : :Only to unsensible people, Fred.
: :
: : Just keep primping that ego, Rand. It seems like it's all you have
: : going for you.
: :
: :This is rich. Fred figures out his main problem and offers the solution
: :to Rand but fails to understand how it applies to him. Savor the
: :lunacy...
:
: Poor Eric. He's really far too stupid to be allowed out here drooling
: on his own...
:
:
:Ah Freddy, savor the lunacy, as it bears being repeated in your case...

Why do you think I keep poking you to watch you drool and gibber, El
Chimpko?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old January 17th 07, 03:56 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : h (Rand Simberg) wrote:
: :
: : :On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:10:44 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Jeff
: : :Findley" made the phosphor on my monitor
: : :glow in such a way as to indicate that:
: : :
: : :
: : :"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
: : . ..
: : :
h (Rand Simberg) wrote:
: : :
[...]

Only you would confuse smile and laugh with drool and gibber.

territory."
--G. Behn

Old January 20th 07, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : h (Rand Simberg) wrote:
: : :
: : : :On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:10:44 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Jeff
: : : :Findley" made the phosphor on my monitor
: : : :glow in such a way as to indicate that:
: : : :
: : : :
: : : :"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
: : : . ..
: : : :
h (Rand Simberg) wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 00:58:10 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Greg D.
: : : : :Moore \(Strider\)" made the phosphor
: : : : n my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:
: : : : :
[...]
: --
: "Some people get lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar
: territory."
: --G. Behn

Poor Eric. See what I mean?

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
Old February 4th 07, 04:03 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message
I ought to know since I live a few miles from Kings Island and have ridden
The Beast, and other rides, maybe a hundred or more times each.

I haven't been there in over 30 years, but I still have my mini-Eiffel
Tower.

Old February 4th 07, 04:11 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
"Okay, I can stick the $200,000 into the spaceflight...or I can buy a
Lamborghini Gallardo for $175,000:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Gallardo

The car will get you laid faster than a ticket stub for a suborbital flight.

Old February 4th 07, 04:21 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I thought the whole flight was fascinating, and the view wonderful; but I
can guarantee you I don't remember it anywhere near as much as that time I
was up in the Bridger Range of mountains near Bozeman, Montana all on my
own, and hyperventilated to the point where I almost fell off the mountain
because of my senses getting muddled and unconsciousness setting in.
That was memorable, because if things had gone just a little differently,
it would have been all over.

Well, gee, Pat, *I* almost lost it at the Grand Canyon because of a poor
choice in picking the rock to put my weight on.

Old February 4th 07, 04:24 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message
True, but how did Alan Shepherd feel about his suborbital flight? He

certainly didn't drop out of NASA after it was over.

*He* didn't write a check for $200,000 for the ride.

Old February 4th 07, 04:25 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
hlink.net...
And $200K doesn't and won't buy you a "walk up, here's my black American
Express Card" climb aboard flight.

It gets you the "training", the flight jacket, the "My granddad flew on
SS-2 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" etc. In short, you're not
buying 5 minutes of weightlessness, you're buying the whole experience.

Go to Recall and get the same thing for $500.

Old February 4th 07, 07:43 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:
I thought the whole flight was fascinating, and the view wonderful; but I
can guarantee you I don't remember it anywhere near as much as that time I
was up in the Bridger Range of mountains near Bozeman, Montana all on my
own, and hyperventilated to the point where I almost fell off the mountain
because of my senses getting muddled and unconsciousness setting in.
That was memorable, because if things had gone just a little differently,
it would have been all over.

Well, gee, Pat, *I* almost lost it at the Grand Canyon because of a poor
choice in picking the rock to put my weight on.

Don't you just hate it when they start moving? We've got a earth-fill
dam just north of town, and you'd really think that all the boulders on
the water side would have achieved some angle of repose after thirty
years... but no... they just sit there as precariously balanced as they
were on day one, and then you step on a odd-shaped multi-ton piece of
granite, hear the grinding noise under your feet as it does a
teeter-totter on you, and start heading downhill.
At least in the Bridger Range two hummingbirds came flying out of the
tree range near me, hovered a foot or so in front of my face giving me
the once-over, and then flew off as I sat in a wobbly super-oxygenated
state thinking "I'm going to fall off the mountain now, aren't I? Okay,
I can deal with this... it's just my karma, isn't it?".
I just thought it was odd and funny, but new-age vision quests have been
made out of far less substantial things. :-)

Pat
Old February 4th 07, 04:45 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Well, gee, Pat, *I* almost lost it at the Grand Canyon because of a poor
choice in picking the rock to put my weight on.

Don't you just hate it when they start moving?

It was a Wile E. Coyote moment, I tell ya, especially since that same rock
held me fine on the way down.

My wife won't let me climb rocks anymore. Ropes are for pussies.

Bezos' Blue Origin revealed! Pat Flannery History 282 February 13th 07 02:58 AM
Bezos' Blue Origin revealed! Fox2 Policy 26 January 9th 07 01:14 AM
bezos blue origin BlagooBlanaa Policy 0 July 24th 06 06:42 AM
More details from Blue Origin Neil Halelamien Policy 0 June 13th 05 11:47 AM
Blue Origin's suborbital plans revealed Neil Halelamien Policy 18 January 21st 05 01:20 AM