As I predicted, space X to get military contracts:)

Old December 7th 12, 10:03 PM
michael rizk michael rizk is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
On Dec 6, 8:40*am, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 6, 7:48*am, Dean wrote:

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:24:46 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1212/04osp3/

Who knows some might go in a silo somewhere, as a BLACK program.........

Trolling..he's trolling......

look back not long ago within the last month i posted space X woud
have military customer

These contracts are not for mainline DOD spacecraft. They are for
test spacecraft. And Spacex already had DOD contracts for the early
Falcon 1 flights.

What is the point of making the difference between the different types of
Dod spacecraft ? What will you say when spacex launches a mainline
spacecraft ?
spacex is simply too competitive to be ignored
Old December 7th 12, 11:00 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default As I predicted, space X to get military contracts:)

On Dec 7, 3:07*pm, Me wrote:
On Dec 5, 10:24*pm, bob haller wrote:

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1212/04osp3/

Who knows some might go in a silo somewhere, as a BLACK program........

No, this is not possibly in any world, including the reality you are
in.

The contract is for test payloads out of the east and west coast. *Not
heart land of the US where the silo's are.

Here is another place your logic fails: why would the DOD only go to
silo's now for spacelaunc with Spacex? *Why hasn't the DOD been doing
it for the last 50 years?

idiot

florida has many silos although the ICBM ones tended to be in the
center of our country to give them a few more minutes to launch..

the titan silo in tucson is fascinating

Old December 7th 12, 11:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"bob haller" wrote in message

On Dec 7, 3:07 pm, Me wrote:
On Dec 5, 10:24 pm, bob haller wrote:

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1212/04osp3/

Who knows some might go in a silo somewhere, as a BLACK program........

No, this is not possibly in any world, including the reality you are
in.

The contract is for test payloads out of the east and west coast. Not
heart land of the US where the silo's are.

Here is another place your logic fails: why would the DOD only go to
silo's now for spacelaunc with Spacex? Why hasn't the DOD been doing
it for the last 50 years?

idiot

florida has many silos although the ICBM ones tended to be in the
center of our country to give them a few more minutes to launch..

Exactly how many Falcon sized silos are there in Florida Bob?

the titan silo in tucson is fascinating

Old December 8th 12, 06:30 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

-
--
Who knows some might go in a silo somewhere, as a BLACK
program.........--
-
Trolling..he's trolling......-

look back not long ago within the last month i posted space X woud
have military customer-

These contracts are not for mainline DOD spacecraft. *They are for
test spacecraft. *And Spacex already had DOD contracts for the early
Falcon 1 flights.

What is the point of making the difference between the different types
of
Dod spacecraft ? What will you say when spacex launches a mainline
spacecraft ?
spacex is simply too competitive to be ignored

--
michael rizk

well ICBMs are custom purpose designed to just sit in silos forever
and launch in minutes with a armed warhead headed or the enemy....

this is the height of specialized,,,,

space x is building a all purpose launcher designed to cut costs. and
so far they are doing a great job
Old December 9th 12, 06:01 PM posted to sci.space.history
Me

On Dec 6, 7:48*am, Dean wrote:
-
[...]

They are more risky spacecraft. Spacex has yet to demonstrate that it
can handle a mainline DOD spacecraft.

Old December 9th 12, 06:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
Me

On Dec 7, 5:00*pm, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 7, 3:07*pm, Me wrote:

On Dec 5, 10:24*pm, bob haller wrote:

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1212/04osp3/

Who knows some might go in a silo somewhere, as a BLACK program.........

No, this is not possibly in any world, including the reality you are
in.

The contract is for test payloads out of the east and west coast. *Not
heart land of the US where the silo's are.

Here is another place your logic fails: why would the DOD only go to
silo's now for spacelaunc with Spacex? *Why hasn't the DOD been doing
it for the last 50 years?

idiot

florida has many silos although the ICBM ones tended to be in the
center of our country to give them a few more minutes to launch..

Florida does not have any silos

Old December 9th 12, 06:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Florida does not have any silos

You are absolutely wrong, there are many silos either in KSC , or the
attached military base. Fact is it was called silo road.

The remains of challenger were entombed in one of those silos.

I believe there were 20 or 30, they used to be visible on google
earth, but sometime ago that entire area was obscured, no doubt for
security reasons

Old December 9th 12, 06:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

They are more risky spacecraft. *Spacex has yet to demonstrate that it
can handle a mainline DOD spacecraft.

well space x has completed 2 supply missions to ISS successfully, and
even seen a engine out failure but still completed the mission.

russia has real problems another proton flight left its cargo short of
its designated orbit yesterday......

Old December 9th 12, 10:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Dec 9, 3:11*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

Florida does not have any silos

You are absolutely wrong, there are many silos either in KSC , or the
attached military base. Fact is it was called silo road.

Uh, there's one there; 31B. *There's a second one at an abandoned
Aerojet facility near Miami that has and old solid booster that was
never developed sitting in it.

The remains of challenger were entombed in one of those silos.

So now there are none that don't have something in them. *And they
weren't 'entombed'. *They were just put in there. *'Entombed' implies
they were sealed up and going to stay there forever.

I believe there were 20 or 30, they used to be visible on google
earth, but sometime ago that entire area was obscured, no doubt for
security reasons

What you believe and the state of our present reality seem frequently
to be at odds. *This would appear to be another of those cases.

Oh, and I just looked at Google Earth and nothing is "obscured". There
are lots of launch sites for various things (Wikipedia even has a
map), but no vast field of silos.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

the challenger was entombed since a large concrete cap was poured over
the silos entrance. I suspect that siol is flooded since there is no
way to maintain any pumps inside it
Old December 10th 12, 04:56 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

bob haller wrote:

[...]

'Placed', not 'poured', you idiot. *Go look at the pictures. *A crane
can lift that back off.

"Hugh W. Harris, a spokesman at the Kennedy Space Center, said all the
boxes of shuttle debris had been catalogued and would be stored so
that they could be retrieved in case they were needed as evidence in
any lawsuits or for any subsequence investigations of the causes of
the accident." *-- NY Times.

I suspect that siol is flooded since there is no
way to maintain any pumps inside it

You always 'suspect' all sorts of silly ****, Bobbert. *Virtually none
of it seems to actually match our present reality.

*truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Thomas Jefferson

well it really doesnt matter, challenger is for all intents and
purposes in that silo, which is likely flooded being so close to the
ocean with that concrete cap theres no easy way to maintain any
pumps......

at least the columbia debris are accesible for research and some for
display