"Stumpy" lives - much to the chagrin of the trolling trash...

Old April 21st 08, 06:05 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default "Stumpy" lives - much to the chagrin of the trolling trash...

....Just a quick update on my status for those concerned. I'm at home,
and I'll be honest, kids - it's been pretty rough getting adjusted to
one leg here at OMWorld Central. I've had two nasty falls already,
both of which impacted the stump pretty hard. No major damage, but
it's resulted in a rethink of the ergonomics and logistics of getting
around the apartment. Biggest problem was the bathroom, as the door
was about 5 inches narrower than the other doors in the apartment.
This kept me from using the rolling office chair to move from the bed
to the facilities without having to stand up and move around. One
slip, and BAM. Needless to say, it's still hurting like hell, but
it's getting better. It just appears that I bruised things, as no
stitches or sutures were ruptured.

....In any case, we've got everything worked out now, and the only
thing I have to worry about is the fact that the combination of
Vicodin and Soma I'm on has me rather weakened. Luckily I've got mOM
and Brother Dim helping ouf when needed, so I'm able to get to the
desk and get some work done. Transferring from the bed to the desk
chair is a little odd because of the unadjustable height difference,
but I"m coping. I've also learned that if I fall, I've got to make
sure that the stump is up in the air no matter how I land. I've
wrapped it up with some additional cushioning, but I'm in no hurry to
see if it actually helps.

....Once again, I want to thank everyone who's posted their support in
this rather difficult time. The ordeal isn't over, as I've got a few
months of therapy left, including training inthe use of the new leg
when/if it gets approved. I've got to get the ball rolling on that in
the morning. From what I'm told, I can get assistance up to 100%
provided they're convinced I'm not a "bum on the street" and I *do*
need the leg in order to do my photography work. We'll see.

....One thing's for certain: as hard as that stump hit, I know how our
returning ISS crew felt when that Soyuz landed a bit too hard
yesterday!

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old April 21st 08, 06:26 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dave Michelson

OM wrote:
...Just a quick update on my status....

Hey, OM. Welcome back!!

--
Dave Michelson

Old April 21st 08, 10:28 AM posted to sci.space.history
Ralph Currell

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:05:13 -0500, OM
wrote:

...Just a quick update on my status for those concerned.

De-lurking to say 'welcome back'.

Ralph
Old April 21st 08, 10:30 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

He's back, He's back, He's BACK!

...Just a quick update on my status for those concerned. I'm at home,
and I'll be honest, kids - it's been pretty rough getting adjusted to
one leg here at OMWorld Central. I've had two nasty falls already,
both of which impacted the stump pretty hard. No major damage, but
it's resulted in a rethink of the ergonomics and logistics of getting
around the apartment.

Solution is easy: http://trekmovie.com/tosrem/menag1/pike1new.jpg
One flash: "Yes"; two flashes: "**** you, you uncle-raped molested
offspring of a incestuous relationship between your retarded mother and
the sperm that a rat left in her bed as it was whacking off in her face
despite her ugliness."

Biggest problem was the bathroom, as the door
was about 5 inches narrower than the other doors in the apartment.

Time for "Jingles" and wider doors:
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/...laves-by-1965/

This kept me from using the rolling office chair to move from the bed

Where would you be without Thomas Jefferson, inventor of the rolling
office chair?
And he was a _liberal_, OM!
....okay, he owned slaves... but _he had sex with them also_, which shows
his progressive attitude toward race relations even at that early date
in our nation's history.

to the facilities without having to stand up and move around. One
slip, and BAM. Needless to say, it's still hurting like hell, but
it's getting better. It just appears that I bruised things, as no
stitches or sutures were ruptured.

...In any case, we've got everything worked out now, and the only
thing I have to worry about is the fact that the combination of
Vicodin and Soma I'm on has me rather weakened.

"Weakened"?.... or a unwitting slave to the cruel mistresses that are
the destructive opiates which serve as the favored allies of that
monster "with the brow of Shakespeare and the eyes of Satan" that is Dr.
Fu Manchu?
We'll have our eyes on your postings for a few weeks hence... to make
sure they show no hidden treachery against the Anglo-Saxon race.

Pat

Old April 21st 08, 10:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Ralph Currell wrote:.

De-lurking to say 'welcome back'.

Ralph

See! The lurkers _do_ support him.!
"And how can this be? For he _IS_ the Kwisatch Haderach!"
He'll get that lower leg back as soon as we stick his stump into a pit
full of Sandtrout.
Then those trolls had better damn-well watch out...."Sietch Wizard" will
be arriving. :-D

Pat
Old April 21st 08, 12:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Stickney

OM wrote:

...Just a quick update on my status for those concerned. I'm at home...

Snip - the travails of adjustment
I know it's tough, but it's great to see that. metaphorically speaking,
you're still kicking.

--
Pete Stickney
Without data, all you have is an opinion
Old April 21st 08, 12:46 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

OM wrote:

He's back, He's back, He's BACK!

What about his back? I thought his leg (or lack thereof) was the problem!
Geez, Pat!!

Old April 21st 08, 07:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"OM" wrote in message
...Just a quick update on my status for those concerned. I'm at home,

Good news. Considering the "fun" I've been having at work and at home, I
needed a little good news.

and I'll be honest, kids - it's been pretty rough getting adjusted to
one leg here at OMWorld Central. I've had two nasty falls already,
both of which impacted the stump pretty hard. No major damage, but
it's resulted in a rethink of the ergonomics and logistics of getting
around the apartment. Biggest problem was the bathroom, as the door
was about 5 inches narrower than the other doors in the apartment.
This kept me from using the rolling office chair to move from the bed
to the facilities without having to stand up and move around. One
slip, and BAM. Needless to say, it's still hurting like hell, but
it's getting better. It just appears that I bruised things, as no
stitches or sutures were ruptured.

Ouch. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Good luck with the rest of the rehabilitation. Dealing with health care
(doctors and insurance) isn't fun on the best of days.

...One thing's for certain: as hard as that stump hit, I know how our
returning ISS crew felt when that Soyuz landed a bit too hard
yesterday!

A 10 G re-entry after six months in orbit has to be a p.i.t.a. At least the
Soyuz didn't kill them, but still, not the preferred way to end a mission.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Old April 21st 08, 10:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bash

On 21 Apr, 06:05, OM wrote:
...Just a quick update on my status for those concerned. I'm at home,
and I'll be honest, kids - it's been pretty rough getting adjusted to
one leg here at OMWorld Central. I've had two nasty falls already,
both of which impacted the stump pretty hard. No major damage, but
it's resulted in a rethink of the ergonomics and logistics of getting
around the apartment. Biggest problem was the bathroom, as the door
was about 5 inches narrower than the other doors in the apartment.
This kept me from using the rolling office chair to move from the bed
to the facilities without having to stand up and move around. One
slip, and BAM. Needless to say, it's still hurting like hell, but
it's getting better. It just appears that I bruised things, as no
stitches or sutures were ruptured.

Good to see you back OM. Glad to see your spirits are up considering
part of you got left behind at the hospital.

Stumpy is perhaps not the best name but I recognize the sardonic humor
behind it.:-) Maybe the regulars should nominate a new one for OM.

Somehow I know Pat's gonna pile in on this one ;-)

Old April 21st 08, 10:29 PM posted to sci.space.history
Darren J Longhorn

wrote:

...Just a quick update on my status for those concerned. I'm at home,

Welcome back.

--
Darren J Longhorn
It's all faked, I tell you, all of it!