Project Orion: 10-meter nuclear pulse vehicles in detail

Old May 3rd 08, 08:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
sferrin

Default Project Orion: 10-meter nuclear pulse vehicles in detail

On Fri, 02 May 2008 22:41:20 -0500, OM
wrote:

On Fri, 2 May 2008 17:16:09 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

And the artist who created the Orion mesh has spoken up for it in this
thread.

...Where? Please speak up again, whoever you are? I'd love to see
whether or not you'd be willing to share that mesh, provided you'd
understand that it would only be used for my own artwork, and not
shared anywhere else.

I'm flattered but I'm not planning on passing on the mesh anytime soon
as I'm planning on using it for future projects.
Old May 4th 08, 09:21 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Apr 30, 2:25 pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:56 am, are wrote:

On Apr 30, 1:06 am, "

wrote:
The latest issue of Aerospace Projects Review has a 71-page article on
the late 10-meter Project Orion vehicles designed for the USAF and
NASA by General Atomic.

That's General Atomics, not Atomic.

No, it's General Atomic, singular, not Atomics, plural. They underwent
a name change *after* the Orion program. During Orion, it was "Atomic."

Well that certainly makes all the difference in the world. No wonder
everyone else has been screwed up.

BTW, why hasn't our lord all-knowing Mook gotten in on this one?
.. - Brad Guth