florida july 4th sonic boom

Old August 14th 04, 05:45 AM
spam this

"Double-A" wrote in message
om...

I don't know why so many people retire to Florida. I guess some like
it hot. Actually, I hate it when it gets hot. I would rather retire
to Alaska. That way I would never have to suffer through another
miserable hot summer again!

Double-A

I don't knoooooww about that!! Better check with some of the recent posts
from the **alternative science** crowd. If any one of them is right Alaska
will be a tropic from either global warming, the toasting from the impending
white-dwarf excursion, the contiuing contraction of the universe, or maybe
danny min's suitcase nuke. The land mass we know as Alaska was tropical in
the past, so it could happen again.

SCOFF!!!???!! Well, just how soon do you expect to retire? Your 401K
certainly won't be ready to support you in the foreseeable future!! You
don't have enough salary credits to qualify for more than $196/month from
social security. So you know that even if the **AS** predictions are off by
as little as, well, a factor of 10^3, you still won't be retired and Alaska
will be one huge lake due to the perma frost defrosting. Hope the elk have
webbed feet!!

Old August 14th 04, 11:24 AM
Painius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Hi Painius Well you must have lived in Mission Hills to be 25 ft above
sea level(yes?) Florida came up out of the Atlantic about 8 million
years ago. It can't be more than 6ft above sea level,and there are lots
of areas below sea level. It was not a home for dinosaurs. The saber
tooth tiger, small deer,rats,gators, snakes,black bear and armadillos
Bert

Check again oh guru of grapefruits 'n oranges...

http://gulfsci.usgs.gov/maps/dem/index.html

Some areas of Clearwater FL right near the beaches get up
to 105 ft above sea level. Florida is a little hillier than most
people seem to think. It ain't West-By-God-Virginia, but it
ain't so flat, neither. g

hd&ssn
Paine

Old August 14th 04, 07:55 PM
Double-A

"spam this" wrote in message ...
"Double-A" wrote in message
om...

I don't know why so many people retire to Florida. I guess some like
it hot. Actually, I hate it when it gets hot. I would rather retire
to Alaska. That way I would never have to suffer through another
miserable hot summer again!

Double-A

I don't knoooooww about that!! Better check with some of the recent posts
from the **alternative science** crowd. If any one of them is right Alaska
will be a tropic from either global warming, the toasting from the impending
white-dwarf excursion, the contiuing contraction of the universe, or maybe
danny min's suitcase nuke. The land mass we know as Alaska was tropical in
the past, so it could happen again.

If Alaska becomes tropical, then Florida will be under water from the
rise in sea level brought on by the melting polar capes. So I'd still
rather be in Alaska.

SCOFF!!!???!! Well, just how soon do you expect to retire? Your 401K
certainly won't be ready to support you in the foreseeable future!!

Already spent all that to survive this recession which began in the
last year of Clinton. Lost my investment money when the stock market
crashed that year too.

You
don't have enough salary credits to qualify for more than $196/month from
social security.

I don't expect there to be any social security by the time I retire.
If there is, I'll probably have to wait till I'm 80 to collect
anything! The best I can hope for is that my pension will provide me
with sufficient money to buy a cheap "Saturday night special" with
which to put myself out of my misery!

So you know that even if the **AS** predictions are off by
as little as, well, a factor of 10^3, you still won't be retired and Alaska
will be one huge lake due to the perma frost defrosting. Hope the elk have
webbed feet!!

The mutant Elk with webbed feet will be the survivors.

Double-A
Old August 16th 04, 10:14 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A Last night I posted answering you on how the Hurricane hit
me(It did not get posted.) It destroyed all my trees(big oaks) one fell
on my wife's car. All shingles came off roof. electricity out for two
days.Heavy showers Sat,and Sun. causing ceilings to cave in Winds over
115 mph ,and had a tornado blow out the walls of a sunroom. Palm tree
leaning on porch roof No lives lost in the Kissimmee area. Port
Charlett (worse area) had 13 deaths Bert.