Supercircuits (SC) PC23c Survellience Camera and 35mm Lenses

Old June 7th 04, 01:56 AM
W. Watson

Default Supercircuits (SC) PC23c Survellience Camera and 35mm Lenses

I have a Supercircuits (SC) PC23c survellience camera that takes a
C/CS camera to lens. I have an (Orion?) adapter that gets me from C to 35mm but
this adapter ends up making the focus a little off. Is there some
adapter that allows variability in the attachment so the focus is
correct? SC sells a variety of different focal length c/cs lens but at
$29 per lens it gets a little tricky to cover a good range of focal
lengths. I have several old 35mm lenses with fixed and variable lenses.
--
Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
-- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr 39° 8' 0" N, 121° 1' 0" W

Your mother was right. Wear your hat and sunglasses in the summer sun.
This is especially true if you're older. -- NYT Science Section, May 2004

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
sierra_mtnview -at- earthlink -dot- net
Imaginarium Museum: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html
Old June 7th 04, 12:48 PM
Jon Isaacs

I have a Supercircuits (SC) PC23c survellience camera that takes a
C/CS camera to lens. I have an (Orion?) adapter that gets me from C to 35mm
but
this adapter ends up making the focus a little off.

Does this mean that the camera will not reach focus at infinity or simply that
it does not agree with what the lens is telling you?

Jon
Old June 7th 04, 02:50 PM
W. Watson

Jon Isaacs wrote:

I have a Supercircuits (SC) PC23c survellience camera that takes a
C/CS camera to lens. I have an (Orion?) adapter that gets me from C to 35mm
but
this adapter ends up making the focus a little off.

Does this mean that the camera will not reach focus at infinity or simply that
it does not agree with what the lens is telling you?

Jon

It won't focus at infinity. Close but no banana.

Old June 7th 04, 03:13 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:56:30 GMT, "W. Watson" wrote:

I have a Supercircuits (SC) PC23c survellience camera that takes a
C/CS camera to lens. I have an (Orion?) adapter that gets me from C to 35mm but
this adapter ends up making the focus a little off. Is there some
adapter that allows variability in the attachment so the focus is
correct? SC sells a variety of different focal length c/cs lens but at
$29 per lens it gets a little tricky to cover a good range of focal
lengths. I have several old 35mm lenses with fixed and variable lenses.

The difference between C and CS is where the image plane is located. I believe
the PC23C is C-mount; perhaps your adapter is actually CS? Normally, you can't
convert a camera from C to CS, but you can convert it from CS to C, using a
simple spacer ring. You might just need a different 35mm adapter, one that is a
few mm thinner.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old June 7th 04, 06:48 PM
Bob May

You don't want to go through the 35mm adapter but rather just go directly
from the C to the 1.25" tube.

--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less.