russian meteor

Old February 21st 13, 02:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default russian meteor

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:44:22 PM UTC-8, Davoud wrote:

Do you seriously expect the Snells and the Oriels and other

intellectual midgets to grasp the concept that such a satellite would

have an "orbit within and orbit" and that it would be unable to make a

u-turn in space if it escaped its parent body?

No, I suppose I don't...
Old February 21st 13, 03:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 21, 12:44*am, Davoud wrote:
:

The OP wasn't asking about a fragment with a similar/identical orbit,
but about a satellite which might have been in orbit around the
asteroid.

palsing:

Same answer, whether is was a fragment or a satellite. It would still be in a
similar orbit wrt the Sun & Earth, much as the moon has an orbit around the Sun that is similar to Earth's.

Do you seriously expect the Snells and the Oriels and other
intellectual midgets to grasp the concept that such a satellite would
have an "orbit within and orbit" and that it would be unable to make a
u-turn in space if it escaped its parent body?

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

I have to laugh,your community gets a daily and original education on
what actually constitutes the technical and historical ins and outs of
astronomy and especially your particular favorite concerning
orbits.Kepler took the common sense approach to the moon's orbit and
determined its characteristics as we see it and interpret it while
you,as followers of Newton,have the moon spin separately to its
monthly circuit of the Earth !.Considering that Isaac declared a
spinning moon barely a few paragraphs after he has Venus turn once in
23 hrs and the Earth to stellar circumpolar motion in 24 hrs,I assure
you questions of intellectual competence exist only among your
community.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=gB2-...page&q&f=false

You do not have the intellectual panoramic view of the
situation,unable to discriminate the behavior of objects at a human
level from the complex issues which separate the use of the 365/366
day format to make celestial predictions (the clockwork solar system)
from the raw data which isolates both daily and orbital motions in
respect to their terrestrial effects.Don't worry son,I have a good
handle on the situation even if I lack the necessary community to work
through the details which returns a stable astronomical narrative.

Old February 21st 13, 04:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_7_]

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything
that
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

I have to laugh,your community gets a daily and original education on
what actually constitutes the technical and historical ins and outs of
astronomy and especially your particular favorite concerning
orbits.Kepler took the common sense approach to the moon's orbit and
determined its characteristics as we see it and interpret it while
you,as followers of Newton,have the moon spin separately to its
monthly circuit of the Earth !.Considering that Isaac declared a
spinning moon barely a few paragraphs after he has Venus turn once in
23 hrs and the Earth to stellar circumpolar motion in 24 hrs,I assure
you questions of intellectual competence exist only among your
community.

A community to which you, by your own choosing, do not belong, Kelleher. The
respect is mutual, we have to laugh at your extreme ignorance and
incompetence, you thug.

Old February 21st 13, 07:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 21, 5:01*am, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"
wrote:
"oriel36" *wrote in message

[...]

Anonymous thugs like you are ten a penny,it is fact of life that
mobbing is part and parcel of empirical cult(ture) but as I am not an
empiricist it is meaningless whether it is the silent treatment or any
other nonsense .Creativity and productivity flourishes in a barren
atmosphere and it will be there for those who have a similar spirited
outlook,that is what faith does and I have nothing to say against it.

I sympathize with those who are empiricists and are trapped by a
culture where reputation and salary is built on not rocking the boat
and I read a few articles about this miserable condition.These people
have nothing to fear from me and a lot to learn as dullards like
yourself come and go while the genuine individual moves up through the
levels.

http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/~kwesthue/unkindlyart.htm

Old February 21st 13, 09:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:

[...]

"oriel36" is an anonymous thug.

Old February 21st 13, 11:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 3:01*pm, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:11:38 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Feb 19, 10:39*am, Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 03:09:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

A satellite of a closely approaching asteroid could be moving in any

direction relative to the Earth. *However, 2012 DA14 was several

hundred thousand kilometers away from the meteoroid, orders of

magnitude more than the typical distance of an asteroid moon.

Asteroid 2012 DA14 was very small, with a very low escape velocity.

A fragment of DA14 could be very far away from it (the existence of a

fragment is much more likely than of a satellite). But it would still

be in the same orbit as DA14, and therefore couldn't have produced the

Russian fireball.

The OP wasn't asking about a fragment with a similar/identical orbit,

but about a satellite which might have been in orbit around the

asteroid.

Same answer, whether is was a fragment or a satellite. It would still be in a similar orbit wrt the Sun & Earth, much as the moon has an orbit around the Sun that is similar to Earth's.

Relative to a third body passing through the Earth-Moon system, the
Earth and Moon could appear to have different orbits as well.
Old February 21st 13, 11:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 6:44*pm, Davoud wrote:
:

The OP wasn't asking about a fragment with a similar/identical orbit,
but about a satellite which might have been in orbit around the
asteroid.

palsing:

Same answer, whether is was a fragment or a satellite. It would still be in a
similar orbit wrt the Sun & Earth, much as the moon has an orbit around the Sun that is similar to Earth's.

Do you seriously expect the Snells and the Oriels and other
intellectual midgets to grasp the concept that such a satellite would
have an "orbit within and orbit" and that it would be unable to make a
u-turn in space if it escaped its parent body?

Davoid, there are now many asteroids known to have satellites. Quite
a number of them have yet to be discovered.

Old February 21st 13, 11:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 9:55*pm, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:44:22 PM UTC-8, Davoud wrote:
Do you seriously expect the Snells and the Oriels and other

intellectual midgets to grasp the concept that such a satellite would

have an "orbit within and orbit" and that it would be unable to make a

u-turn in space if it escaped its parent body?

No, I suppose I don't...

Notice that only Davoid has mentioned the idea of a "u-turn in
space." Further note that a satellite by definition has not "escaped"
its parent body.

Old February 21st 13, 01:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:
"oriel36" *wrote in message

[...]

Mobbing is part of the unmoderated Usenet son,as long as you know you
place in the scheme of things then say what you want,the same goes for
the other nuisances who travel in empirical circles.This is my final
comment on the matter.

Old February 21st 13, 02:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[...]

Does that mean you'll shut the **** up, ignorant and stupid anonymous thug
that never owned or operated a telescope?

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When the fools chicken farmer Wilson and Van de faggot present an argument I
cannot laugh at I'll retire from usenet.