ASTRO: Conjuction moon and Venus

Old May 20th 07, 11:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: Conjuction moon and Venus

Yesterday evening the moon and Venus in conjunction ... plus the star
Mebsuta in Gemini close to the moon.

Both photographs piggyback, Fujifilm S5500 hybride camera. ISO 64, 1 sec,
f/3.1

--
Menno
=====================

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mebsuta-moon-venus-2007_0519_112617.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	868  Click image for larger version

Name:	mebsuta-moon-2007_0519_112537.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	869
Old May 20th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

TheCroW wrote:

Yesterday evening the moon and Venus in conjunction ... plus the star
Mebsuta in Gemini close to the moon.

Both photographs piggyback, Fujifilm S5500 hybride camera. ISO 64, 1 sec,
f/3.1

Clear skies on your side of the Atlantic. See the moon moved a lot
between your shot and Jo's from this side. Looks like it will be cloudy
here for several more nights. About the time the moon gets too bright
for the spring galaxies still on my list it should clear up.

Rick

Old May 20th 07, 07:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
D van den H[_2_]

Nice shooting Menno!
I was planning on doing just what you did here but completetly forgot it...
Better next time :-)

reg
Dirk

Old May 21st 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Starlord

I had taken my carmer with me, as normaly I have just a few pople showing up
to take a look, but with over 100 other people showing up to have a look at
the Moon and Venus I never got to use my camera until it was to late and
they where to low. The moon and venus where good.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

bel.net...

Old May 22nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Starlord" wrote
I had taken my carmer with me, as normaly I have just a few pople showing
up to take a look, but with over 100 other people showing up to have a look
at the Moon and Venus I never got to use my camera until it was to late and
they where to low. The moon and venus where good.

You were probably better off showing the view to the public. You can get
lots of pictures here on a.b.p.a for free!

George N