looking for filters

Old July 31st 03, 12:25 PM
hans

Default looking for filters

Hello

I am developing a product for which I need special filters.

The filters should be blocking a small range (30 nm maximum) of the visual
spectrum. So I am particularity looking for special filters that filter
everything but a small range of the spectrum. So that I can - for instance -
block colors ranging from 600nm and 640nm through the filter.

I am interested in the following filters. The ranges are variable for now,
they are only to show you the principle and range of each filter:

1) 420nm - 450nm
2) 500nm - 530nm
3) 570nm - 600nm
4) 650nm - 680nm

At the moment I need only one filter of each specified classification. Even
if you know only one or two blocking filters that block a small range of the
spectrum we would be interested.

Does anyone know were I could find such filters?

Kind regards,

Hans

Old August 1st 03, 01:15 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , hans
writes
[...]

I was going to say that specification looks like the interference
filters used in a microplate reader, and typing that into Google took me
to a sponsored link (i.e. advert) for Andover Corporation at
http://www.andcorp.com/Web_store/
Just to give an example, a 12.5 mm diameter 450 nm filter with 40nm
bandpass costs $84.
Then I realised you wanted a filter to _block_ a specific band, and most
filters are bandpass. There are filters to block laser light, but they
seem to have less bandwidth than you want. I suspect you will need
custom filters.
HTH
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"
Old August 1st 03, 04:00 PM
Roger Hamlett

"hans" wrote in message
[...]

'Band block' filtration, is relatively uncommon. This is perhaps indicated,
by the 'lack' of a DIN standard lettering combination for this... One 'off
the shelf' solution, would be to insert a dichroic spectrum filter into an
unfocussed part of the light path, and add a mechanical 'shutter', covering
the part of the spectrum you want to block. This would however be quite
expensive. It is worth remembering, that most dichroic filters, can be used
to give the 'opposite' characteristic, by using them as reflectors, rather
than in transmission. So a dichroic 'bandpass' filter (BP), will reflect the
light you want. Small dichroic filters are quite reasonably priced, and are
available as standard models with the sort of bands you want. Obviously you
would have to change the optical design accordingly, to work with the
reflected light.

Best Wishes