Iranian forgery of Ansari photo -- too much body hair visible!!

Old September 17th 06, 08:13 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
John Doe

Default Iranian forgery of Ansari photo -- too much body hair visible!!

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/09...xtography.html

It appears that this is some joke/spoof.

On that BLOG (here's a hint of its trustworthiness), there is a link to
the iranian site where the supposedly photoshopped picture was sourced.

http://www.spacescience.ir/images/Posts/0000024-1.jpg

The above is the one with the uncovered head.

And on the other site : spacescience.ir

This is not only the undoctored picture, but also other pictures with
her uncovered head.

So, I'd say the blogger is the one who used photoshop.
Old September 17th 06, 08:24 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:13:27 -0400, in a place far, far away, John Doe
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as
to indicate that:

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/09...xtography.html

It appears that this is some joke/spoof.

On that BLOG (here's a hint of its trustworthiness),

The mere fact that it's a BLOG provides no information as to its
trustworthiness, one way or the other.
Old September 17th 06, 09:14 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Jim Oberg[_1_]

John Doe, I'd say you are clueless --
the Iranian picture was forged, I saw it, and if
they have changed it back, now that they have
been caught, it is only to deceive the weak-minded.

And it worked.

"John Doe" wrote

Old September 17th 06, 09:14 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jochem Huhmann wrote:

(Rand Simberg) writes:

Insult Christianity, and the Christians just shake their heads.

First, when it's like that (and it isn't everywhere like that) this is
quite new. And when things have changed in the past few hundred years,
this was not because Christianity has gotton more reasonable, but
because its role in society has been sidelined to a very large degree
(and the Christians didn't like that at all, mostly). There are more
than enough Christians totally willing to remove the head of someone who
insulted Christianity if they'd get away with it. Has happened in the
past more than once...

Nowadays Christians wait for God to send a hurricane, earthquake, or
tidal wave to destroy the impious.
One never realized there were that many impious around until recently.
Or that impious people tend to live on seacoasts and fault zones.
But Christianity is a tolerant and rational religion:
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/index.html

Pat :-D
Old September 17th 06, 09:19 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Herb Schaltegger[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:47:28 -0500, Jim Oberg wrote
(in article ):

I recall protests about such stuff being done with taxpayer funds, but I
watched the controversy pretty closely and, like Rand, never noticed any
ritoing or death threats. Herb, are you delusional, or do you have news links

to back up your assertion? Or some other possibility?

I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, I listen to what I hear and pay
attention to what I read in the editorial pages of my papers. I've
personally heard and read such threats. All that's missing is the
massed marches. Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

--
Herb Schaltegger
"You can run on for a long time . . . sooner or later, God'll cut you

Old September 17th 06, 09:41 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:19:17 -0500, in a place far, far away, Herb
Schaltegger made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:47:28 -0500, Jim Oberg wrote
(in article ):

I recall protests about such stuff being done with taxpayer funds, but I
watched the controversy pretty closely and, like Rand, never noticed any
ritoing or death threats. Herb, are you delusional, or do you have news links
to back up your assertion? Or some other possibility?

I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, I listen to what I hear and pay
attention to what I read in the editorial pages of my papers. I've
personally heard and read such threats. All that's missing is the
massed marches.

That's a lot to be missing.

Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

And yet, they don't.

The comparison remains absurd.
Old September 17th 06, 10:04 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jim Oberg wrote:

John Doe, I'd say you are clueless --
the Iranian picture was forged, I saw it, and if
they have changed it back, now that they have
been caught, it is only to deceive the weak-minded.

And it worked.

The whole webpage is full of pictures of her with her hair showing:
http://www.spacescience.ir/
As is the cached version of the page:
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=4
Here's the photo in question from the cached version of the webpage:
http://www.spacescience.ir/images/Posts/0000024-1.jpg
Here's the one below it, again showing her hair:
http://www.spacescience.ir/images/Posts/0000024-2.jpg
Here are Iranians with ray guns:
http://www.kommersant.com/photo/300/...603112EA_l.jpg
Here's the Iranian president leaving on his trip to planet Mongo:
http://www.kommersant.com/photo/300/...604121AB_l.jpg
The gold ring on his finger shows his fealty to Emperor Ming.
Meanwhile, back at the Iranian Radium Mines, things are heating up:
http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-d...5111802682.jpg
Soon, radioactivily mutated Iranian Giant Attack Doves shall threaten
the world: http://www.onlineathens.com/images/041206/12213_223.jpg :-)

Pat
Old September 17th 06, 10:05 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Herb Schaltegger[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:41:11 -0500, Rand Simberg wrote
(in article ):

Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

And yet, they don't.

Yes, in fact, they do.

The comparison remains absurd.

As do you. What a surprise.

Old September 17th 06, 10:08 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

"Cavernous" is an apt word, as one would expect to find gnawed-on
mammoth bones in the corner next to drawings of the flat Earth. :-)

Pat
Old September 17th 06, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
frédéric haessig

"Rand Simberg" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

Insult Christianity, and the Christians just shake their heads.
Insult Islam, and get death threats. No, no difference at all.

Rebember the reaction to Martin Scorcese's 'The last temptation of Christ'?
That was less than 20 years ago.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Las...tion_of_Christ