Expanding Advanced Civilizations in the Universe

Old April 3rd 05, 01:28 PM
Joseph Lazio

Default Expanding Advanced Civilizations in the Universe

Yet more catching up:

astro-ph/0501119
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:57:15 GMT (124kb)
Title: Expanding advanced civilizations in the universe
Authors: Claudius Gros
Subj-class: Astrophysics; Other
Journal-ref: J.Br.Interplanet.Soc. 58 (2005) 108

The 1950 lunch-table remark by Enrico Fermi `Where is everybody' has
started intensive scientific and philosophical discussions about what
we call nowadays the `Fermi paradox': If there had been ever a single
advanced civilization in the cosmological history of our galaxy,
dedicated to expansion, it would have had plenty of time to colonize
the entire galaxy via exponential growth. No evidence of present or
past alien visits to earth are known to us, leading to the standard
conclusion that no advanced expanding civilization has ever existed in
the milky-way \cite{Webb}. This conclusion rest fundamentally on the
ad-hoc assumption, that any alien civilizations dedicated to expansion
at one time would remain dedicated to expansions forever. Considering
our limited knowledge about alien civilizations we need however to
relax this basic assumption. Here we show that a substantial and
stable population of expanding advanced civilization might
consequently exist in our galaxy.

--
Lt. Lazio, HTML police | e-mail:
No means no, stop rape. |
Old April 17th 05, 02:59 PM
Zilva Zanga

"Joseph Lazio" wrote in message
Yet more catching up:

astro-ph/0501119
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:57:15 GMT (124kb)
[...]

Perhaps ET developed WMD & killed themselves before their civilisation could
expand enough to survive.
We also do not have a limited knowledge of alien civilisations. We haven't
found one yet so we have NO knowledge of them.

Old April 17th 05, 03:17 PM
Martin 53N 1W

Zilva Zanga wrote:
[...]

Perhaps ET developed WMD & killed themselves before their civilisation could
expand enough to survive.
We also do not have a limited knowledge of alien civilisations. We haven't
found one yet so we have NO knowledge of them.

We're well on the way to self annihilation ourselves with the present
inertia for doing something useful about Global Warming!

Regards,
Martin

--
---------- OS? What's that?! (Martin_285 on Mandrake)
- Martin - To most people, "Operating System" is unknown & strange.
Old April 18th 05, 04:27 PM
James Appleyard

Very good point, it could well be mans great need for prosperity and
expansion that cause it to be destroyed, if we dont consider the
consequences of our actions
"Martin 53N 1W" wrote in message
[...]