Can it be thought about Black holes?

Old March 17th 08, 11:10 AM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
Kumar

Default Can it be thought about Black holes?

Hello,

There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,

1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?

2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

Best wishes.

Old March 17th 08, 03:06 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy

On Mar 17, 7:10*am, Kumar wrote:
Hello,

There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,

1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?

2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

Best wishes.

thing is, before we ever got sucked into a black hole we'd be shredded
into a thing strem of molecules by the tidal forces.
Old March 17th 08, 05:27 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
Paul - xxx

Kumar wrote:

Hello,

There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,

1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?

2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

Does it matter?

It won't hurt.

Much

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
'98 Suzuki DR 200 Djebel 'Small but perfectly formed'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old March 17th 08, 05:55 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
Androcles[_8_]

"Kumar" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes.

Not half as much growing concern as there is about bright green flying
elephants.

Old March 18th 08, 06:57 AM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
Brian Howie

In message
,
Kumar writes
Hello,

There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,

1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?

2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

There's always a possibility someone messing about might make one by
accident .

http://www.exitmundi.nl/blackholes_lab.htm

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old March 18th 08, 02:49 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
john

On Mar 18, 8:24 am, Sam Wormley wrote:
Brian Howie wrote:

There's always a possibility someone messing about might make one by
accident .

Accident or on purpose... One puts energy into creating it... one
gets the same energy out as it explodes.

What are you saying, Sam?

Are you saying that 'amassing' a whole
bunch of matter in one place requires
an input of energy?

So if I have X number of pieces of planets and
suns and they are scattered all around, and then
I allow them to attract each other to one place,
they now have more energy? And this
is the energy given off to propel them away when,
as you say, it explodes?

Explain that gravitationally, please.

John
Old March 18th 08, 04:47 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
john

Brian Howie wrote:

There's always a possibility someone messing about might make one by
accident .
Accident or on purpose... One puts energy into creating it... one
gets the same energy out as it explodes.

What are you saying, Sam?

Are you saying that 'amassing' a whole
bunch of matter in one place requires
an input of energy?

So if I have X number of pieces of planets and
suns and they are scattered all around, and then
I allow them to attract each other to one place,
they now have more energy? And this
is the energy given off to propel them away when,
as you say, it explodes?

Explain that gravitationally, please.

John

Plausible mechanisms for black hole creation are
o big bang (not observed)
o stellar collapse
o neutron star mergers
o creation in particle accelerators and cosmic cosmic rays

Gravitation is not necessarily a player in the latter.

Unless there were primordial black holes created in the very early
universe, the mechanisms for creation of black holes are likely to
be

Well, first of all, let me state that I completely scoff at
the idea of gravity-induced collapse of atoms in matter,
which is where the original black hoile idea came from-
but the galactic nuclei we are pointing to as examples
of black holes aren't black holes. Yes, matter falls into them, but it
gets
stripped to individual charges and expelled out the jets.
The galactic nucleus has such intense spin that all the
space has been energized into matter and flung into orbit,
and whenever the charges recombine into neutrons again,
they fall back in and are stripped apart again.

John
Galaxy Model for the Atom
http://users.accesscomm.ca/john/IWIN1.GIF
Old March 18th 08, 06:27 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy

On Mar 17, 3:39*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
z wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:10 am, Kumar wrote:
Hello,

There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,

1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?

2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

Best wishes.

thing is, before we ever got sucked into a black hole we'd be shredded
into a thing strem of molecules by the tidal forces.

* *Not necessarily so....

* *"The strength of the tidal force depends on how gravitational attraction
* *changes with distance, rather than on the absolute force being felt.. This
* *means that small black holes cause spaghettification while infalling objects
* *are still outside their event horizons, whereas objects falling into large,
* *supermassive black holes may not be deformed or otherwise feel excessively
* *large forces before passing the event horizon".- Hide quoted text -

good point.
Old March 19th 08, 03:26 PM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
hanson

"z" wrote in message
Sam Wormley wrote:
z wrote:

Kumar wrote:
There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,
1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?
2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

z wrote

Sam Wormley wrote:
Not necessarily so....
"The strength of the tidal force depends on how gravitational attraction
changes with distance, rather than on the absolute force being felt. This
means that small black holes cause spaghettification while infalling
objects
are still outside their event horizons, whereas objects falling into
large,
supermassive black holes may not be deformed or otherwise feel excessively
large forces before passing the event horizon"

"z" wrote
good point.

hanson wrote:
Now look at the ultimate, massive, large sized black hole.
Run the numbers for that black hole with the estimated
values of the observable universe and you will find out,
as you empirically experience, that you will not fall into
nor towards any event horizon... because we do exist
INSIDE the Black hole... ahahaha... No ****. Run the numbers.

IIRC we, each one of us, wherever we are, do exist
exactly at the point of this cosmic singularity....

But all these profound pontifications about cosmology are
great as long as you also know how to earn $4 to buy
yourself a cup of coffee.... ahahaha...
Thanks for the laughs... ahahaha... ahahahanson

Old March 20th 08, 07:41 AM posted to sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy
Kumar

On Mar 17, 8:06*pm, z wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:10*am, Kumar wrote:

Hello,

There seem to be some growing concerns about black holes. Btw,

1. Whether earth & our solar system is moving fast towards any black
hole? If so,what can be its impact?

2. Can it be thought that currently also we & solar system are in some
black hole and if Q1 above is true, we may just be shifting to another
black hole? If yes, what its impact can be thought?

Best wishes.

thing is, before we ever got sucked into a black hole we'd be shredded
into a thing strem of molecules by the tidal forces.

Thanks all. If we forget light from Sun & Stars (along with reflective
and burning lights), probably, we/universe may just be having dark
surroundings.

Can't it be alinke for example, many tables in a big resurant with
candle lights on each table? Where candle light don't reach, can just
be black hole?