What could be the cause of global warming?

Old July 3rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.geo.meteorology
Robert Clark

Default What could be the cause of global warming?

GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, VOL. 34, L08203,
doi:10.1029/2006GL028764, 2007
Suggestive correlations between the brightness of
Neptune, solar variability, and Earth's temperature.
http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/200...GL028764.shtml

MIT researcher finds evidence of global warming on
Neptune's largest moon.
June 24, 1998
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1998/triton.html

This coincides with evidence of global warming on
other planets:

Global Warming on Pluto Puzzles Scientists.
By Robert Roy Britt
Senior Science Writer
posted: 09 October 2002
01:25 p.m. ET
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ng_021009.html

Mars Emerging from Ice Age, Data Suggest.
By SPACE.com
posted: 03:00 pm ET
"Scientists have suspected in recent years that Mars
might be undergoing some sort of global warming. New
data points to the possibility it is emerging from an
ice age."
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ge_031208.html

Blog: Science
Global Warming Detected On Mars.
Michael Asher (Blog) - March 5, 2007 11:11 AM

New Storm on Jupiter Hints at Climate Change.
By Sara Goudarzi
Staff Writer
posted: 04 May 2006
01:00 pm ET
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...04_red_jr.html

Then perhaps the process causing the global warming
on Earth is of solar or even extra solar system
natu

Ice ages linked to galactic position.
Study finds Earth may be cooled by movement through Milky Way's
stellar clouds.
Keay Davidson, Chronicle Science Writer
Monday, July 25, 2005
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGCIDSL4R1.DTL

Bob Clark

Old July 3rd 07, 07:09 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.geo.meteorology
dlzc

Dear Robert Clark:

On Jul 3, 10:20 am, Robert Clark wrote:
Then perhaps the process causing the global warming
on Earth is of solar or even extra solar system
natu

Someone has said that the Earth is net losing water.

Have we looked to see that we are not adding significant "photoactive"
gases to the outbound solar wind (like a leaky oil tanker leaking
hydrocarbons whre it passes), slowly increasing the reflectance of the
gasses accumulated at the heliosphere?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliosphere

Seems like we have our own pew, so maybe we need to see who farted?

David A. Smith

Old July 5th 07, 01:10 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.geo.meteorology
habshi[_2_]

So we can now burn coal to our hearts content as we are not
responsible for global warming

excerpt
http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/jun/26earth.htm

The earth is actually part of a formation called the Sagittarius Dwarf
galaxy; an entity so small -- in the larger scheme of the cosmos --
that it got swallowed up by the Milky Way.

Scientists now say that over a period of two billion years, the
Sagittarius galaxy has been dying as an entity, with the Milky Way
meticulously consuming its bulk.

'After slow, continuous gnawing by the Milky Way, Sagittarius has been
whittled down to the point that it cannot hold itself together much
longer,' team member study co-author Martin Weinberg of the University
of Massachusetts is quoted as saying. 'We are seeing Sagittarius at
the very end of its life as an intact system.'

So what does any of this have to do with us?

The simple answer, in two words, is: Global warming.

Scientists postulate that as the Sun and its attendant satellites,
including Earth, get consumed by the Milky Way, the higher energy
levels in this much larger galaxy will cause the Sun to burn hotter,
and to emit higher energy.

This, scientists say, is one reason temperatures have been rising
steadily in all plants in our solar system.

Things are going to get considerably hotter all round.

As the consumption of Sagittarius by the Milky Way continues, further
changes are being spotted, and monitored, in our own planetary system:
Dark spots appearing, and growing, on Pluto; auroras being reported on
Saturn; the polar shifts in Uranus and Neptune; the doubling of the
intensity of the magnetic field on Jupiter.

Change is constantly, continuously, happening on the Sun, and the
planets, thanks to this forced galactic marriage of Sagittarius with
the much larger Milky Way -- and scientists are, thanks to this
discovery, only now beginning to quantify this change, and its
implications for all of us.

Time, meanwhile, for us to get used to our status as adoptive children
of the Milky Way, rather than its own natural scions.

Old July 6th 07, 08:46 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.geo.meteorology
Puppet_Sock

On Jul 6, 11:39 am, Bruce Scott TOK Use-Author-Supplied-Address-
] wrote:
Rob Clark wrote:

[several refs of global warming on other planets]

The time scales make this irrelevant to recent climate change on the
Earth.

Hmmm...

From the first link you snipped:

Long-term photometric measurements of Neptune show
variations of brightness over half a century.

From the second link you snipped:

Triton, seems to have heated up significantly since the
Voyager space probe visited it in 1989.

From the third link:

Pluto's atmospheric pressure has tripled over the past 14 years,
indicating a stark temperature rise, the researchers said.

From the fourth link:

"One explanation could be that Mars is just coming out of an ice age,"

Skipping the blog entry and going to the sixth link:

"Red Spot Jr." as it is being called, formed after three white
oval-shaped storms-two of which were at least 90 years
old-merged between 1998 and 2000.

So, let's see he Half a century up to stuff that happened
less than ten years ago. Exactly when does stuff have to
have happened to be relevant to recent climate change?

(this "point" comes up again and again nevertheless, among would-be-skeptics
who in actual fact are merely blue-eyed believers in Corpodisinformation)

I'd say this statement tells us exactly nothing about climatology,
but a whole lot about you.

It is quite possible there are explanations for the increased
temperatures reported other than processes that would also
be expected to affect the Earth. I doubt very much that
"corporations are evil" is one of them.
Socks

Old July 6th 07, 08:55 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.geo.meteorology
Puppet_Sock

On Jul 4, 8:10 pm, (habshi) wrote:
So we can now burn coal to our hearts content as we are not
responsible for global warming

[snip]

Sigh.

Regardless of the effect (or lack) that CO2 in the atomsphere
has, there are very good reasons to decrease the burning of
coal. To mention but two:
- It's clear that it produces nasty health effects on those nearby.
It produces many 10's of thousands of deaths per year at least.
Depending on who you talk to, that might be 100's of thousands.
- There are many other things we could be doing with this stuff
besides putting a match to it. Chemical and plastics industries
can use it for feed stocks for many products, just as one example.

This is a topic that could really do with an injection of sense and
rational discussion. It seems to start at hysteria and insanity,
and then degrade rather quickly. That's really rather alarming
and sad about the whole thing.

Come on people! Let's make an effort to be sane about this.
Socks

Old July 11th 07, 08:23 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.energy,sci.geo.meteorology

On Jul 3, 1:20 pm, Robert Clark wrote:
MIT researcher finds evidence of global warming on
Neptune's largest moon.
June 24, 1998http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1998/triton.html

"The moon is approaching an extreme southern summer, a season that
occurs every few hundred years. During this special time, the moon's
southern hemisphere receives more direct sunlight. The equivalent on
Earth would be having the sun directly overhead at noon north of Lake
Superior during a northern summer."

Are you
1) making fun of what-climate-change diehards and we can't detect the
sarcasm
2) too busy to read the links which you post and notice that they
completely oppose what you are posting them to support
3) just kind dumb?