BAA Observers Workshop#5 Nottingham - Sat April 24

Old April 21st 04, 11:20 AM
Maurice Gavin

Default BAA Observers Workshop#5 Nottingham - Sat April 24

Saturday 24 April 2004 starting 11:00AM
BAA Observers' Workshop 5
Nottingham High School for Girls, Arboretum Street, Nottingham.
Practical observing tips for amateurs
Brief BAA Ordinary meeting followed by....

Observing Near Earth Asteroids- Roger Dymock
Variable star observing from the city- Gary Poyner
Drawing the Moon- Bob Marriott
Following features on Jupiter- Mike Foulkes
Web cam imaging of the planets- Martin Taylor
Organisers: Nick Hewitt and Paul Stocks (Nottingham Astronomical
Society)

For directions & more detailed map see
http://www.britastro.org/main/meetings.html

all welcome
Old April 23rd 04, 11:29 PM
Dre

Do they ever meet on sundays?

Old April 25th 04, 11:16 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Maurice Gavin
writes
Saturday 24 April 2004 starting 11:00AM
BAA Observers' Workshop 5
Nottingham High School for Girls, Arboretum Street, Nottingham.

I've posted some pictures on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html
Another very successful event, I thought.
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old April 26th 04, 08:22 PM
Maurice Gavin

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:16:09 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

In message , Maurice Gavin
writes
Saturday 24 April 2004 starting 11:00AM
BAA Observers' Workshop 5
Nottingham High School for Girls, Arboretum Street, Nottingham.

I've posted some pictures on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html
Another very successful event, I thought.

Agreed - cut me off the group photo then - I'll remember thatg.
Old April 26th 04, 09:34 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Maurice Gavin
writes
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:16:09 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

In message , Maurice Gavin
writes
Saturday 24 April 2004 starting 11:00AM
BAA Observers' Workshop 5
Nottingham High School for Girls, Arboretum Street, Nottingham.

I've posted some pictures on my web site at
http://www.merseia.fsnet.co.uk/index.html
Another very successful event, I thought.

Agreed - cut me off the group photo then - I'll remember thatg.

It's not my fault :-)
Hazel was taking the group photos and borrowed my camera because hers
stopped working at the crucial moment! Presumably you're on the left
hand side somewhere - or not.