The June orbital solstice

Old June 18th 11, 12:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The June orbital solstice

It is approaching orbital noon at the North pole and orbital midnight
at the South pole as those locations swing around to a position facing
towards and opposite the Sun,the turning action arising solely from
the orbital behavior of the Earth.The travelling axis,stretching
through the center of the Earth from Arctic to Antarctic circles and
about which the null daily rotational points (North/South poles) turn
create the effect of a single orbital daylight/darkness cycle,a cycle
apart from daily rotation as regards duration and characteristics.

The Earth does not 'tilt' towards and away from the Sun in creating
this orbital day/night effect,it is a great cycle on its own and it
is about time ,in an era when we can see the Earth from space,to put
forward a proper explanation for both variations in the natural noon
cycle and seasonal changes using the additional orbital
characteristic.

The other option is to pretend the orbital daylight/darkness cycle
does not exist so you can retain the mindnumbing addiction to right
ascension and I would like to think people know by now the limitations
of that view which become downright offensive when taken as a basis of
planetary dynamics instead of the calendar convenience that it
actually is.

Old June 18th 11, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Jun 18, 4:54*am, oriel36 wrote:

It is approaching orbital noon at the North pole and orbital midnight
at the South pole as those locations swing around to a position facing
towards and opposite the Sun,the turning action arising solely from
the orbital behavior of the Earth...

So, how can the Earth 'swing around' to varying positions throughout
the year while at the same time having its north pole remain
steadfastly pointed almost directly at Polaris? Hmmmm?

There doesn't appear to actually be any turning action at all, now
does there? Could it possibly be because of varying frames of
reference?

When oh when will you ever figure it out? It is just not all that
difficult to conceptualize... little kids can do it.
Old June 19th 11, 12:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Jun 18, 5:54*am, oriel36 wrote:

The other option is to pretend the orbital daylight/darkness cycle
does not exist

That's what *you're* doing by claiming that there are 365 1/4
*rotational* daylight/darkness cycles. Instead of 366 1/4 rotational
ones, with one of them meeting the orbital daylight/darkness cycle and
being cancelled out.

John Savard
Old June 19th 11, 01:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

The great orbital cycle of our planet displays its characteristic in
isolation at the polar coordinates where there is a single daylight/
darkness cycle which has nothing to do with daily rotation,it does not
beg acceptance by a single individual here or anywhere else,merely
that it is there for those who can appreciate it at a level which is
dignified and noble.The intellectually impotent can do and say as they
wish,it is not meant for them but for astronomers who can discover
something new as the Solstice approaches.

Nobody disgraces themselves here,the principle is founded on the
observation that the Earth has two separate daylight/darkness cycles
with two separate causes and these causes combined explain the seasons
and why natural noon cycles vary.It is the one thing I have expressed
shock at insofar as the isolation of the orbital characteristic is
already observed through the unique physical traits of Uranus yet how
many years is it now that it remains out of view of the wider
population.

Old June 21st 11, 06:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Astronomers by nature ,as I have known only from history and their
texts,have a very global outlook on things and at this June Solstice
it is proper to express an astronomical view rather than those who
still are bound at a level which is deficient but acceptable ,keeping
in the mind the comments of Galileo -

"Copernicus himself knew the power over our ideas that is exerted by
custom and by our inveterate way of conceiving things since infancy.
Hence, in order not to increase for us the confusion and difficulty of
abstraction, after he had first demonstrated that the motions which
appear to us to belong to the sun or to the firmament are really not
there but in the earth, he went on calling them motions of the sun and
of the heavens when he later constructed his tables to apply them to
use. He thus speaks of “sunrise” and “sunset,” of the “rising and
setting” of the stars, of changes in the obliquity of the ecliptic and
of variations in the equinoctial points, of the mean motion and
variations in motion of the sun, and so on. All these things really
relate to the earth, but since we are fixed to the earth and
consequently share in its every motion, we cannot discover them in the
earth directly, and are obliged to refer them to the heavenly bodies
in which they make their appearance to us. Hence we name them as if
they took place where they appear to us to take place; and from this
one may see how natural it is to accommodate things to our customary
way of seeing them." Galileo

In this dismal era dominated by empiricism there not the slightest
apology for promoting entirely homocentric views and the following
article today is one among many insofar as we inhabit an era of deep
regression where they don't even mention planetary dynamics in respect
to the June Solstice event and treat in hemsipherical terms of the
'summer' Solstice.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...PeH_blog..html

As nobody has clearly defined the June astronomical event,I will.

The June and December Solstices represent a specific orbital point
where the polar coordinates are the greatest distance from the circle
of illumination,the cycle where the polar coordinates turn through 360
degrees and coincident with an orbital period of the planet is
indicative of a single global daylight/darkness cycle that is obscured
by the most part by the separate motion of daily rotation and its
daylight/darkness cycle.

So,coming up to 2012,it would be proper to have a succinct description
of the Solstice event expressed clearly in terms of the orbital cycle
of the Earth,it is also the astronomical thing to do.