Is a Correct Image Finder Really Correct?

Old August 1st 03, 04:10 AM
Alan French

Default Is a Correct Image Finder Really Correct?

"Matt" wrote in message
om...
I bought a UO Correct Image Finder on Astromart (apparently, the only
marking on it is a circle T, which I believe is UO). However, when
looking at a Stop sign, the image was upright, but mirrored left to
right. I thought a Correct Image finder meant the image was upright
and right to left reading, such that you could use a star atlas with
doing mental flipping or turning the book upside down, like I had to
do with a straight through finder. HELP!

Matt,

A correct image finder should show exactly the same view you see with your
eyes, but magnified. If the writing was reversed, it is not a correct image
finder. A normal star diagonal shows a right side up but mirror reversed
image if you stand behind the scope and look down into the eyepiece.

Clear skies, Alan