NASA Boosts Commercial, Kills Ares

Old February 1st 10, 05:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default NASA Boosts Commercial, Kills Ares

"The Obama administration’s Fiscal 2011
NASA budget retargets agency funding on
developing a U.S. commercial space-
transportation industry, killing the “Moon,
Mars and Beyond” Constellation Program
in favor of a $6 billion “investment” in human-
rating existing launch vehicles and developing
a common crew vehicle to ride on them all."

See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...&channel=space
Old February 3rd 10, 05:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

"NASA is kicking off its “game-changing” shift to
commercial transportation for its astronauts with
$50 million in stimulus-package spending that
will support two commercial crew launch vehicles
and some key technologies to keep them alive
on the way to orbit and once they get there."

See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...ha nnel=space