Strong case for capusle OSP

Old September 23rd 03, 11:29 PM
Blurrt

Default Strong case for capusle OSP

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Dr. O" dr.o@xxxxx wrote:

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/rocketscience-03zy.html

This article lists some very compelling reasons why the OSP should be a
capsule.

SpaceDaily once again manages to lower it's editorial and journalistic
standards.

I've noticed many people put down the spacedaily site of late on this group
and it is a reaction I do not understand. I find it to be very accessible
for both technical and non-technical articles. I've always enjoyed it.
I'd complain about the author of the article rather than the site as a whole
so as not to deminish the work of other authors.

..... just felt the need to say that. I'll shut up now.

Blurrt

Old October 4th 03, 05:26 AM
Allen Meece

They [dirigibles] always seem to run into a problem whenever there is
wind.
Whoa, talk about overstated genralization? The Zeppelin can do 80 knots.
That's twice gale force. C'mon, don't poo poo something that offers such
promise. They definitely can't fly though storms but neither do jetliners.

^
//^\\
~~~ near space elevator ~~~~
~~~members.aol.com/beanstalkr/~~~
Old October 4th 03, 05:29 AM
Allen Meece

A "lifting body" does not have wings, it has rudders. Lifting bodies offer a
fine compromise between winged flyers and capsules as far as cargo space goes.
the OSP will be lifting body configuration, I predict.
^
//^\\
~~~ near space elevator ~~~~
~~~members.aol.com/beanstalkr/~~~