Sky@Night magazine CD

Old April 20th 09, 07:44 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John Davies

Default Sky@Night magazine CD

Hi Group, This is for UK readers I guess; the S@N CD contains release 5
of the free-ware stacking programme Registax. When you download this
there is a message telling you that it is a beta version valid for 30
days after which it stops working. OK, BUT it also says it was compiled
in February 2009 which I make is more than 30 days ago! If you try to
start the programme a message tells you to go to a web site to BUY it. I
assumed Registax 5 was free-ware as it states on the disk. Am I missing
something here?

JPD
--
John Davies
Old April 20th 09, 08:16 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

John Davies wrote:
Hi Group, This is for UK readers I guess; the S@N CD contains release 5
of the free-ware stacking programme Registax. When you download this
there is a message telling you that it is a beta version valid for 30
days after which it stops working. OK, BUT it also says it was compiled
in February 2009 which I make is more than 30 days ago! If you try to
start the programme a message tells you to go to a web site to BUY it. I
assumed Registax 5 was free-ware as it states on the disk. Am I missing
something here?

JPD

Its called fakeware and you better stay away from it.
With that kind of honesty malware is sometimes
less damaging....
Old April 20th 09, 10:23 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
OG

"John Davies" wrote in message
Hi Group, This is for UK readers I guess; the S@N CD contains release 5 of
the free-ware stacking programme Registax. When you download this there is
a message telling you that it is a beta version valid for 30 days after
which it stops working. OK, BUT it also says it was compiled in February
2009 which I make is more than 30 days ago! If you try to start the
programme a message tells you to go to a web site to BUY it. I assumed
Registax 5 was free-ware as it states on the disk. Am I missing something
here?

JPD
--
John Davies

No idea, but the website says it's free
http://www.astronomie.be/registax/index.html

Sky at Night Magazine Steven Gill UK Astronomy 9 May 2nd 08 11:41 AM
BBC Sky at night magazine Steven Gill UK Astronomy 1 June 20th 06 11:39 PM
Sky at Night Magazine [email protected] UK Astronomy 6 March 13th 05 02:31 PM
Night Sky Magazine Digital Solar 0 April 11th 04 04:58 PM
Any new on NIGHT SKY magazine? Francis Marion Amateur Astronomy 2 March 23rd 04 02:15 AM