Where is Mr Oriel?

Old November 8th 06, 04:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw[_1_]

Default Where is Mr Oriel?

We have not seen Mr Oriel here for quite sometime. I wonder where he is and
hope that he is not too depressed over the election results.

Old November 9th 06, 11:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
John Carruthers

Mij Adyaw wrote:
We have not seen Mr Oriel here for quite sometime. I wonder where he is and
hope that he is not too depressed over the election results.

I heard he'd been sectioned ;-) still, now he'll get the care he needs.

If you're missing his input I can help,
"You are not astronomers", "You look at the real sky", "telescopes
only magnify" ,"Only I know how the planets move", "kneel before me or
I'll quote a real astronomer at you.......again", "I do not need to
observe the sky".

Just enjoy the peace Jim :-)
jc

Old November 9th 06, 12:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

John Carruthers wrote:
Mij Adyaw wrote:
We have not seen Mr Oriel here for quite sometime. I wonder where he is and
hope that he is not too depressed over the election results.

I heard he'd been sectioned ;-) still, now he'll get the care he needs.

If you're missing his input I can help,
"You are not astronomers", "You look at the real sky", "telescopes
only magnify" ,"Only I know how the planets move", "kneel before me or
I'll quote a real astronomer at you.......again", "I do not need to
observe the sky".

Just enjoy the peace Jim :-)
jc

You mistake 'peace' for mediocrity and there is nothing mediocre about
astronomy beyond the harmless exercise in magnification which you and
yopur celestial sphere friend make it.

Many people like to see synoptic weather charts to judge what will
occur before and after the experience of present weather conditions
while others have no feel for these charts -

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/charts/animation.html

The celestial sphere event of yesterday lasted no more than the time
it took Mercury to cross the face of the Sun but for real astronomers
it should have been celebrated for many reasons,as an affirmation of
the original Copernican insight and the productive working principles
contained in observing the faster Mercury overtake the slower moving
Earth in our common motions around the central star.

Newton landed you with the dumbest view of observed planetary motion
for we do see what heliocentric motion looks like directly as we move
more slowly than Mercury -

http://www.vt-2004.org/mt-2003/mt-20...999-normal.jpg

View the event correctly and you get to admire the sheer size of our
parent star and the scale of orbital geometries like real men and with
the dynamicism of youth.old guys turn astronomy into a peep show
hobby,young men should have better and more creative ways to approach
the observed information when making orbital comparisons between a
moving Earth and a moving Mercury.

Old November 9th 06, 12:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

John Carruthers wrote:
Mij Adyaw wrote:
We have not seen Mr Oriel here for quite sometime. I wonder where he is and
hope that he is not too depressed over the election results.

I heard he'd been sectioned ;-) still, now he'll get the care he needs.

If you're missing his input I can help,
"You are not astronomers", "You look at the real sky", "telescopes
only magnify" ,"Only I know how the planets move", "kneel before me or
I'll quote a real astronomer at you.......again", "I do not need to
observe the sky".

Just enjoy the peace Jim :-)
jc

You and your celestial sphere friends mistake 'peace' for mediocrity
for although you treat astronomy as a harmless peep show for old men
based on magnification,in actuality ,astronomy is for the vibrant youth
who should not be afraid to handle the observed material .

http://www.vt-2004.org/mt-2003/mt-20...999-normal.jpg

The incredible image above of the moment the faster Mercury overtakes
our slower moving planet with the central Sun guiding our common
motions is for men who wish to escape the pathetic Newtonian view of
what observed motions are ,the sheer power of our parent star and the
enormous sweep of orbital geometries is not for weak and senile guys
who see only 'mercury crosses the face of the Sun'.

Why don't you take up some docile pursuit where you do not have to take
the full force of the heliocentric experience and how to manage the
vast insights pouring in for productive avenues such as geological and
climatological consequences.Again,it takes courage to be an astronomer
and anyone who can be railroaded by dumb mathematicians does not
deserve to be call himself an 'astronomer'.

Old November 9th 06, 06:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw[_1_]

Very good John, Mr Oriel would have been proud! Since I am in the software
development line of work, I can appreciate Mr Oriel and find his comments
amusing. He has a refreshing point of view. :-)

"John Carruthers" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old November 9th 06, 06:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw[_1_]

After babbling 5 paragraphs of junk, Mr Oriel said something that makes
sense:

Old November 9th 06, 07:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Loser

Mij Adyaw wrote:
We have not seen Mr Oriel here for quite sometime. I wonder where he is
and
hope that he is not too depressed over the election results.

Look you asshole, get a life.

Old November 9th 06, 11:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Greg Crinklaw

John Carruthers wrote:
Mij Adyaw wrote:
We have not seen Mr Oriel here for quite sometime. I wonder where he is and
hope that he is not too depressed over the election results.

I heard he'd been sectioned ;-) still, now he'll get the care he needs.

Too bad the same can't be said of Mick.

Old November 10th 06, 04:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw[_1_]

Seems like Loser had a really bad day or is still ****ed that he couldn't
observe the Mercury Transit. Maybe Mr Oriel can give Loser some
psychotherapy.