How to attach a C11 OTA on Vixen New Atlux Mount

Old January 19th 06, 12:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default How to attach a C11 OTA on Vixen New Atlux Mount

Hi all,

I need to attach a C11 OTA, having a dovetail plate suitable for G11, on a Vixen
new Atlux. Can you kindly indicate me wich parts I need for this and where
eventually buy them?

Thanks,
Gianluca
Old January 19th 06, 02:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Gianluca Masi wrote:
Hi all,

I need to attach a C11 OTA, having a dovetail plate suitable for G11, on a Vixen
new Atlux. Can you kindly indicate me wich parts I need for this and where
eventually buy them?

Thanks,
Gianluca

Hi:

Any astronomy vendor should be able to furnish you with a Vixen style
dovetail bracket for the C11. Unscrew the screws and remove the
Losmandy rail, install the Vixen style dovetail, and you are done.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers:

See: http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/
For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog.

Old January 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Gianluca Masi wrote:
Can you kindly indicate me wich parts I need for this and where
eventually buy them?

I'm not familiar with the Vixen Atlux, but there is a Vixen dovetail to
G11 adapter he

http://www.kendauzat.net/other/0804031b.jpg

Old January 19th 06, 06:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
Gianluca Masi wrote:
Can you kindly indicate me wich parts I need for this and where
eventually buy them?

I'm not familiar with the Vixen Atlux, but there is a Vixen dovetail to
G11 adapter he

http://www.kendauzat.net/other/0804031b.jpg

Which will put the C-11 cg further from the mount axis - not a problem
with light weight scopes you want to use of different mounts without
messing with the dovetail bar, but I expect the C-11 is already
stretching the capacity of the mount. IMO replacing the dovetail bar
with a Vixen bar, thereby minimizing the offset, is the way to go.
Old January 19th 06, 08:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Gianluca Masi" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to attach a C11 OTA, having a dovetail plate suitable for G11, on a
Vixen
new Atlux. Can you kindly indicate me wich parts I need for this and where
eventually buy them?

In my opinion the GP/CG-5 dovetail is inadequate for anything other than
visual use with scopes over 20 pounds.

You might look into swapping out the Atlux dovetail saddle with something
that is compatible with the Losmandy D dovetail plates.

Old January 20th 06, 09:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Gianluca Masi wrote:
Hi all,

I need to attach a C11 OTA, having a dovetail plate suitable for G11, on a Vixen
new Atlux. Can you kindly indicate me wich parts I need for this and where
eventually buy them?

Thanks,
Gianluca

You can order one from here!
http://www.astronomics.com/main/Cele...oduct_id/11DP5

JS
Old January 22nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

The easest and the best way to mount a C11 to a Atlux is to use a
Baader Mark III dovetail bar. In the US go to www.alpineastro.com and
down the page to "Mounting Accessories". These dovetails have wide
flanges to mount the OTA and are fully boxed.

Darren in Bakersfield

Old January 23rd 06, 12:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:
The easest and the best way to mount a C11 to a Atlux is to use a
Baader Mark III dovetail bar. In the US go to
www.alpineastro.com and
down the page to "Mounting Accessories". These dovetails have wide
flanges to mount the OTA and are fully boxed.

Darren in Bakersfield

Thanks for the info, just ordered one.
Julius
Old January 23rd 06, 12:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Protagonist wrote:
wrote:

The easest and the best way to mount a C11 to a Atlux is to use a
Baader Mark III dovetail bar. In the US go to
www.alpineastro.com and
down the page to "Mounting Accessories". These dovetails have wide
flanges to mount the OTA and are fully boxed.

Darren in Bakersfield

Thanks for the info, just ordered one.

Good that you weren't reduced to using duct tape, Julius :-)
Old January 23rd 06, 06:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Phil Wheeler wrote:
Protagonist wrote:
wrote:

The easest and the best way to mount a C11 to a Atlux is to use a
Baader Mark III dovetail bar. In the US go to
www.alpineastro.com and
down the page to "Mounting Accessories". These dovetails have wide
flanges to mount the OTA and are fully boxed.

Darren in Bakersfield

Thanks for the info, just ordered one.

Good that you weren't reduced to using duct tape, Julius :-)

Had a Losmandy on my C-11, plus a GP dovetail bolted to it that I
machined long time ago for a smaller scope. No duct tape though.
Has been searching for the Celestron dovetail on and off, but it's not
available.
Even now, Anacortes have it back ordered.
Julius

The power of 3 G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 40 November 18th 05 01:27 AM
Vixen GPE mount. David Jolley UK Astronomy 0 March 15th 05 08:58 PM
Atlas mount vs. Vixen mount Mike Jones Amateur Astronomy 2 December 31st 04 11:25 PM
How attach ST80 to AstroView mount? JXStern Amateur Astronomy 17 March 18th 04 10:29 PM
Vixen GP mount with dual motors - suitable for long exposurephotography? Roger Amateur Astronomy 1 August 4th 03 05:28 PM