Huygens is stuck in the mud

Old January 18th 05, 07:16 PM
Jud McCranie

Default Huygens is stuck in the mud

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...6724 0760B261
---
Replace you know what by j to email
Old January 18th 05, 07:20 PM
Jud McCranie

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:16:45 -0500, Jud McCranie
wrote:

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

And it has a dead battery. Now all it needs is a flat tire to sound
like my car.

---
Replace you know what by j to email
Old January 18th 05, 08:03 PM
Hal

wrote:

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

And it has a dead battery. Now all it needs is a flat tire to sound
like my car.

And it's miles from the nearest exit.

Old January 18th 05, 09:11 PM

wrote:

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

And it has a dead battery. Now all it needs is a flat tire to

sound
like my car.

And it's miles from the nearest exit.

They probably flooded it.

Old January 18th 05, 10:54 PM
Pat Flannery

Jud McCranie wrote:

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...6724 0760B261

Well, now we know what the dark areas are, don't we? The Methane Muskies
Live! And the Methane Mudskippers also! :-)

Pat
Old January 19th 05, 03:17 AM
Jud McCranie

On 18 Jan 2005 12:03:12 -0800, "Hal"
wrote:

And it has a dead battery. Now all it needs is a flat tire to sound
like my car.

And it's miles from the nearest exit.

That reminds me of the time I ran out of gas. I left my flashers on
because I was just off the highway and it was raining. When I got
back with the gas, the battery was dead. And it was raining...

---
Replace you know what by j to email
Old January 19th 05, 05:09 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

wrote:

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

And it has a dead battery. Now all it needs is a flat tire to sound
like my car.

At least it has no shortage of fuel.

Of course it does have a slight shortage of oxidizer.

---
Replace you know what by j to email

Old January 19th 05, 05:17 AM
Neil Gerace

wrote:

Huygens is stuck in the mud:

And it has a dead battery. Now all it needs is a flat tire to sound
like my car.

At least it has no shortage of fuel.

Of course it does have a slight shortage of oxidizer.

Geez, it shoulda carried some pea plants to fix nitrogen from the atmosphere
and make some protein pills.

Old January 19th 05, 12:12 PM
Pat Flannery

Jud McCranie wrote:

That reminds me of the time I ran out of gas. I left my flashers on
because I was just off the highway and it was raining. When I got
back with the gas, the battery was dead. And it was raining...

Yes, and the flashers been arrested for public indecency...or was it
assault on a battery? :-)

Pat
Old January 19th 05, 12:18 PM
Pat Flannery

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

At least it has no shortage of fuel.

Of course it does have a slight shortage of oxidizer.

You know, if we did want to warm up the place...are sulfuric acid and
ethane hypergolic, like kerosene and nitric acid are?
Because there's this other moon that's pretty much made out of molten
sulfur.... :-)

Pat

First Results from Huygens (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 January 17th 05 06:24 PM
Huygens makes successful landing on Saturn moon (Report) muldar Amateur Astronomy 0 January 15th 05 08:07 AM
Huygens landed! Victor SETI 1 January 14th 05 11:17 PM
Huygens Sets Off With Correct Spin and Speed [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 January 11th 05 06:59 PM
ESA's Huygens Probe Set to Detach From Cassini Orbiter [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 December 22nd 04 12:41 AM