A Real American Hero Died Today...

Old August 26th 12, 05:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Too_Many_Tools

Default A Real American Hero Died Today...

A real American hero died today....

http://news.yahoo.com/neil-armstrong...193954975.html

I find it some how fitting that I was watching Star Trek when I heard
of his passing...

RIP Neil.

TMT
Old August 26th 12, 12:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 26, 5:44*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
A real American hero died today....

http://news.yahoo.com/neil-armstrong...193954975.html

I find it some how fitting that I was watching Star Trek when I heard
of his passing...

RIP Neil.

TMT

He was the first person who could stand on the surface and look back
on our own planet - a remarkable engineering achievement as an
individual and a group of people.

Of course the achievement became an excuse for theorists to pursue and
dump conceptual junk into the celestial arena hence human exploration
has faded into memory with the hope it once brought and replaced by a
mindset not unlike the Chinese cultural revolution where there is mass
support for human control over the planet's temperature.

That man could look out at the Earth from a non rotating moon and that
says more about present astronomy minus the engineering achievements
considering that theorists still insist the moon spins.The dissolution
of the engineering achievement to where it is now is due to the lack
of depth of astronomical understanding into which that achievement
emerged.

I do not fault another American called Armstrong for taking shortcuts
in gaining recognition through a sport,after all,winning and
achievement is everything in the imagination of the wider population
and that is exactly where astronomers here put themselves in context
of Armstrong,his era and their can-do spirit in engineering. People do
feel cheated with Lance Armstrong but he made amends by coming clean
and giving those who follow him a chance to be credited with genuine
human effort and endeavor.The same is offered to all here who
genuinely treasure the Apollo adventure and the real work and effort
involved,not the miserable narrow minded and spiritless novelties that
pass today as astronomy but real achievement - even if it is taking
steps to undo severe damage to the most encompassing and noble of all
sciences.

Old August 26th 12, 09:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

"oriel36" wrote in message
[...]

LOL a non rotating moon.....to be non rotating, tidally locked, and
revolving around the earth is, well, impossible.
I know this is hard for you but.....think

Old August 26th 12, 10:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 26, 9:39*pm, "David Staup" wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[...]

A spinning moon means variations in latitudinal speeds and the moon
doesn't spin - walk around an object with an outstretched arm pointing
at the central object and that is what we see and what Armstrong would
have seen from the moon.

You suffer from a disorder,when faced with the impossibility of a
spinning moon you immediately imagine it in your head even though only
one person (Newton) ever proposed it in a throwaway paragraph after he
has Venus turning once in 23 hours and the Earth to the circumpolar
stars in 24 hours.The disorder is not seeing how shockingly silly the
previous paragraph is but then imagining the moon spins as it makes a
lunar circuit of the Earth.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=gB2-...page&q&f=false

The engineering achievement of landing a man on the moon is in stark
contrast to those who suffer the disorder of believing a spinning
moon.If the Earth rotated once we would see all sides once in a lunar
orbit,if it spun twice in a lunar circuit we would see all sides
twice,if it spun through a 1/2 rotation for each circuit we would see
all sides once over two circuits - this is the thinking of a
reasonable person.

The moon is fascinating in its orbit as its orbital characteristics
are the opposite to the Earth which does turn once,as a component of
its orbital behavior,to the central Sun - all planets do

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

I can look at a planet turn to the central Sun and provide the
imitation analogies to support it but none of you can see how the
polar coordinates turn in a circle to the Sun,of course you are the
same people who believe they can see a spinning moon despite any
appeal to common sense - a trait that lands men on the moon and
accompanies all genuine achievements.

Think indeed ! ,how I wish people would for a change.
Old August 27th 12, 12:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Odysseus[_1_]

In article ,
"David Staup" wrote:

"oriel36" wrote in message

snip

That man could look out at the Earth from a non rotating moon and that
says more about present astronomy minus the engineering achievements
considering that theorists still insist the moon spins.

LOL a non rotating moon.....to be non rotating, tidally locked, and
revolving around the earth is, well, impossible.
I know this is hard for you but.....think

Oriel has repeatedly been encouraged to think sensibly about this
particular hobbyhorse for many, many moons now, but nothing has sunk in.
As with the others in his well-stocked stable, adducing neither
illustrations & diagrams nor simple demonstrations of the principles
involved (e.g. walking around the dining-room table) has had the
slightest effect.

--
Odysseus
Old August 27th 12, 04:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 2:35:09 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

walk around an object with an outstretched arm pointing

at the central object and that is what we see and what Armstrong would

have seen from the moon.

Walk around that object, with your outstretched arm pointing at the central object, but with your eyes pointing straight ahead. You would see each wall of the room in turn, thus showing that, with respect to the room, your are rotating. What other explanation could there be?

The simple fact that the moon goes through phases indicates that it certainly rotates with respect to the sun... what other explanation could there be?

Just who is suffering from a disorder here?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...24140337_n.jpg
Old August 27th 12, 07:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 27, 4:15*am, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, August 26, 2012 2:35:09 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:
walk around an object with an outstretched arm pointing

at the central object and that is what we see and what Armstrong would

have seen from the moon.

Walk around that object, with your outstretched arm pointing at the central object, but with your eyes pointing straight ahead. You would see each wall of the room in turn, thus showing that, with respect to the room, your are rotating. What other explanation could there be?

That is called orbital motion and I am not about to descend to a point
where I have to explain the difference between a spinning Earth and an
orbiting Earth in order to distinguish it from a lunar orbit without a
separate rotation

I can explain that the orbital behavior of the moon as it orbits the
Earth is entirely different than the orbital behavior of the Earth
around the Sun using a broom handle fixed to an external point and
that is where your point can come into good use.I have often wondered
why something so simple as an imitation analogy which uses a broom
handle to substitute for constant axial alignment as the planet orbits
the Sun is ignored,after all it takes only a few minutes to figure out
the relevant detail - there are two axes of motion involved and more
importantly,the quasi-rotation to the central Sun is backed up by
definitive images as the polar coordinates turn through the circle of
illumination -

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

The line of a person's body as they walk/orbit a central object while
keeping a broom handle fixed in orientation to an external point
represents the ecliptic axis and that is why the images of Uranus are
so valuable as Uranus turns in its daily motion from South to North
while it also turns to the Sun from East to West as a component of its
orbital motion.

The simple fact that the moon goes through phases indicates that it certainly rotates with respect to the sun... what other explanation could there be?

Just who is suffering from a disorder here?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...7607292533_241...

Dear,oh dear,for some reason there is a personality cult going on here
and I don't operate at that level.The thing about somebody as loved as
Armstrong and a theorist spouting nonsense that exists only in his
head more than explains why human space flight is not a common
experience as the world is expected to be impressed theoretical junk
instead of real adventure - even the engineering feat of landing the
unmanned spacecraft recently made up for many years of theoretical
junk which can no longer hold the interest of the wider population.

The students facing teachers and professors in the coming weeks will
look at people who are dead in their heads,people who have retained
only enough information to inflict damage on the student's ability to
interpret the the motions of planets and the moon for no other reason
than there is no movement to stop this disorder,it is a disorder by
virtue that unfamiliarity can no longer be used as an excuse.

When you walk/orbit a central object you will notice that your walking
behavior changes in representing the moon as opposed to the orbital/
walking behavior for the Earth as walking around the object with an
outstretched arm representing an imitation of lunar orbital behavior
is easy and straightforward while imitating the Earth's behavior is
not.

Old August 27th 12, 08:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 27, 12:05*am, Odysseus wrote:
In article ,
*"David Staup" wrote:

"oriel36" wrote in message

snip

That man could look out at the Earth from a non rotating moon and that
says more about present astronomy minus the engineering achievements
considering that theorists still insist the moon spins.

LOL a non rotating moon.....to be non rotating, tidally locked, and
revolving around the earth is, well, impossible.
I know this is hard for you but.....think

Oriel has repeatedly been encouraged to think sensibly about this
particular hobbyhorse for many, many moons now, but nothing has sunk in.
As with the others in his well-stocked stable, adducing neither
illustrations & diagrams nor simple demonstrations of the principles
involved (e.g. walking around the dining-room table) has had the
slightest effect.

--
Odysseus

A man has to force himself to believe that the moon spins as it orbits
the Earth whereas a normal person just accepts that it does not.I have
always been careful to point out that the ridiculous assertion by
Newton comes barely a few sentences after his assertion that Venus
turns once in 23 hours and to the astronomical mind that is plain
silly.It does expose the anti-achievement which humanity is capable of
- one giant step forward and 50 small steps backwards.

Great engineering feats of which Armstrong was a part of do not equate
into talent in astronomical affairs.
Old August 27th 12, 11:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:40:06 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

I can explain that the orbital behavior of the moon as it orbits the

Earth is entirely different than the orbital behavior of the Earth

around the Sun using a broom handle fixed to an external point and

that is where your point can come into good use.

No, these motions are not different at all, they are allmost exactly the same.

The simple fact that the moon goes through phases indicates that it certainly rotates with respect to the sun... what other explanation could there be?

When you walk/orbit a central object you will notice that your walking

behavior changes in representing the moon as opposed to the orbital/

walking behavior for the Earth as walking around the object with an

outstretched arm representing an imitation of lunar orbital behavior

is easy and straightforward while imitating the Earth's behavior is

not.

Not true at all. The only difference lies in the details; representing the Earth, you would need to spin 365.25 times per trip around the central object, whereas representing the moon you would need to turn but once. Other than that... identical

\Paul A

Old August 28th 12, 02:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 27, 11:51*pm, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:40:06 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:
I can explain that *the orbital behavior of the moon as it orbits the

Earth is entirely different than the orbital behavior of the Earth

around the Sun using a broom handle fixed to an external point and

that is where your point can come into good use.

No, these motions are not different at all, they are allmost exactly the same.

The greatest discovery I made within the last few months is that
empiricism is a form of welfare having visited a conference to see
what these guys get up to hence I don't look for people for whom
cowardice doesn't even enter the discussion insofar as you need to
know what courage is first before acting in a cowardly way.More like
overgrown schoolboys who accept their grades as an achievement and
make a living regurgitating falsehoods without actually thinking
through the topics.No human being could stand before students and talk
of a spinning moon as it orbits the Earth but you can,not you
personally but those whom you represent speak of a spinning moon as
though it is something normal instead of the symptoms of a disorder -

https://groups.google.com/group/sci....dec8ccd?hl=en#

I am certain that this dysfunction will continue in certain countries
but others will adapt to stable perspectives as the empirical
dominated education system will certainly dull the ability of students
to act and think properly in later life or turn them into commercial
cannon fodder,the idea of human temperature control of the planet
being a case in point where people are easily manipulated by a group
who can't tell you why the temperatures go up and down daily.

The simple fact that the moon goes through phases indicates that it certainly rotates with respect to the sun... what other explanation could there be?

When you walk/orbit a central object you will notice that your walking

behavior changes in representing the moon as opposed to the orbital/

walking behavior for the Earth as walking around the object with an

outstretched arm representing an imitation of lunar orbital behavior

is easy and straightforward while imitating the Earth's behavior is

not.

Not true at all. The only difference lies in the details; representing the Earth, you would need to spin 365.25 times per trip around the central object, whereas representing the moon you would need to turn but once. Other than that... identical

\Paul A

The great turning of Uranus to the central Sun apart from its South to
North daily rotation sounds out its warning to your kind that you no
longer have a free reign with the noble astronomical heritage and the
stature of people who once give the world so much until it fell into
the wrong hands.

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

The real heroes in future are those who can raise themselves above the
river of vitriol that flows through this forum and come to understand
that these things are important and far more important than the
engineering achievement of landing men on the moon.The student
starting back at school in the Northern hemisphere do so as a
reflection of the closing out of the period when the Northern polar
coordinate turns towards the circle of illumination and away from the
central Sun thereby causing the shift in latitudinal temperatures
towards the cooler temperatures needed for study.

The spinning moon indeed !,it must be an empirical test to force
yourselves to believe anything and everything coming from the guys in
the late 17th century but this is my era and by God I will not stand
by and suffer dullards from influencing the next generation of
students.The fact that the only person to promote a spinning moon did
so after asserting that Venus turns in 23 hours is enough for any man
of stature and dignity but those are two traits that I have rarely
seen in this forum.