Modern Moon - a personally guided view

Old February 14th 05, 04:24 AM

Default Modern Moon - a personally guided view

If you're interested in the Moon, or you don't know you're
interested in the Moon, or just plain forgotten about the
Moon ;-) or think you ain't interested in the Moon ;-), you
need the book, The Modern Moon A Personal View by Charles
Wood. In my opinion, it is one of the best Moon book I've
ever read. If you already own the book or are planning to
run to the nearest bookstore ;-), here's a supplement that
may help you plan your observation of our closest neighbor.
http://www.cloudynights.com/observe/...oon-Guide.html

Enjoy,
Ron B[ee]

Old February 14th 05, 06:26 AM
canopus56

[h]ere's a supplement that
may help you plan your observation of our closest neighbor.

http://www.cloudynights.com/observe/...oon-Guide.html

Great list, Bee. Definitely adding a copy of that the back of my
_Modern Moon_. - Thanks. Canopus56

Old February 15th 05, 01:40 AM
Ed T

wrote in message
ups.com...
If you're interested in the Moon, or you don't know you're
interested in the Moon, or just plain forgotten about the
Moon ;-) or think you ain't interested in the Moon ;-), you
need the book, The Modern Moon A Personal View by Charles
Wood. In my opinion, it is one of the best Moon book I've
ever read. If you already own the book or are planning to
run to the nearest bookstore ;-), here's a supplement that
may help you plan your observation of our closest neighbor.
http://www.cloudynights.com/observe/...oon-Guide.html

Enjoy,
Ron B[ee]

Wow, Ron! Thank you.

Ed T.

Old February 15th 05, 04:49 AM
CLT

For those who haven't followed the link, it's worth the time, especially the
indexing of LPOD with days in the lunar cycle.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

************************************

ups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 06:38 PM
canopus56

One project I have always wanted to do is to create a cross-referencing
list between aerial and space based photographs of Earth geologic
features and their analogs on the Moon's surface. The Moon is a big
3-D map. Wood's _Modern Moon_ was a few references. Another source is
Schultz's _Moon Morphology_. For example, there was a PBS special on
last night about the Undara lava tube in Australia, a lava tube about a
hundred miles long. It is believed to be the closet Earth analog to a
lunar rille. See -

http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/...ra/undara.html
http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/...ava_tubes.html

Such a list would enchance the enjoyment of lunar viewing.

Does anyone know of a magazine or journal article, a book, or a website
containing such a list?

- Canopus56

Schultz, Peter H. 1976. Moon morphology: interpretations based on
Lunar Orbiter photography. Univ. of Texas.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
significant addition to section 25 of the faq heat Misc 1 April 15th 04 01:20 AM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM