Redshif 2 Planetarium Program

Old February 15th 05, 09:07 PM
RS

Default Redshif 2 Planetarium Program

Hi,
Anyone here using Redshift 2? Mine worked fine on Win95 and when I
upgraded to XP. Now I have Win2000 and it just doesn't work. I get
lots of GPFs, etc. Does anyone know if Redshift 2 is supposed to be
compatible with Win2000? Is there a patch I need to download? I tried
e-mailing the compay (twice) and they have not responded.

Thanks!
Old February 15th 05, 09:14 PM
Pierre

Don't fret, upgrade to Redshift 5 if you like that kind of software.
In the UK, about =A330.

Old February 15th 05, 09:14 PM
RS

How do I upgrade?

On 15 Feb 2005 13:14:10 -0800, "Pierre"
wrote:

Don't fret, upgrade to Redshift 5 if you like that kind of software.
In the UK, about £30.

Old February 15th 05, 09:39 PM
canopus56

RS wrote:
How do I upgrade? [ Redshift 2 under Windows XP]

Upgrading is the preferred alternative. I do not know if this will
work, but as an interim work-around, one Windows option with older
software is to right-click on any program file or short-cut and then
select "Properties". The properties dialogue box has a tab marked
"Compatiability". There is option labeled "Run this program in
compatability mode for". This option has a drop-down box for Windows
95, Windows 98, and Windows NT modes.

- Peace Canopus56

Old February 15th 05, 09:51 PM
RMOLLISE

RS wrote:
Hi,
Anyone here using Redshift 2? Mine worked fine on Win95 and when I
upgraded to XP. Now I have Win2000 and it just doesn't work. I get
lots of GPFs, etc. Does anyone know if Redshift 2 is supposed to be
compatible with Win2000? Is there a patch I need to download? I tried
e-mailing the compay (twice) and they have not responded.

Thanks!

Hi:

I'm surprised you don't just say "good riddance." ;-)

Like every astronomy program, Redshift has its good and bad points,
but, IMHO, "2" is the worst of the five RedShift releases.

Forget patches and support. RedShift has had more owners than I have
ex-wives. ;-)

Best bet? Get a copy of RS5. It's available for as low as $15.00 in the
U.S. now, and for comparable prices in the UK and Europe. In many ways,
its the best of the Redshifts, and is _such_ a nice program that I
kinda wish it offered an ASCOM interface. Seeing its fairly quick
descent to the bargain bins, though, I'm afraid it may be rather late
in the day for RS to make a comeback. My hat's off to the RedShift
development team, though, as they turned in a very credible product
with "5".

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Author of:_Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope_
http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Old February 15th 05, 11:27 PM

On 15 Feb 2005 13:51:26 -0800, "RMOLLISE" wrote:

Best bet? Get a copy of RS5. It's available for as low as $15.00 in the
U.S. now, and for comparable prices in the UK and Europe.

Rod,
Where can I find Redshift 5 for $15?? I have been calling aound and
have not found it anywhere for lower than $50.

Thanks!!

** If you want to send me e-mail, remove the NOSPAM from my address **
Old February 16th 05, 02:12 PM
RS

On 15 Feb 2005 18:32:39 -0800, "RMOLLISE" wrote:

wrote:
Rod,

Where can I find Redshift 5 for $15?? I have been calling aound and
have not found it anywhere for lower than $50.

Thanks!!

Howdy!

Here are some even cheaper than that:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/B0000CC4T8/102-3934150-8118518?condition=all/ASIN/B0000CC4T8

I paid about 13 bucks for my copy with free shipping included!

Peace,
Rod

Wow, thanks much Rod!