ISS sighting ?

Old December 19th 03, 02:50 PM
Louis Bohorfoush

Default ISS sighting ?

Last night, while standing in my front yard, I happend to look up and
see an airplane's strobe light flashing way up in the sky as it passed
overhead. As I followed the plane's progress, I noticed a much bigger
array of lights approaching the plane's path. It looked like a
rectangle of lights with a flashing strobe at each end.
I went inside and checked my printout of ISS pass schedules, but the
time didn't match up.
Could it have been the space station anyway ?

Old December 19th 03, 04:41 PM
JimO

Dear Louis,

I entered "front yard" in mapquest and could not come up with a lat/long.
tease!

Assuming your predictions and date were correct, no, the station doesn't
change its orbit enough to show up off schedule.

Go over to www.heavens-above.com and you can track this down, and find
future predictions for all sorts of objects.

It's well worth it.

Enjoy!

jimO