Hospital Journey

Old May 2nd 09, 04:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Hospital Journey

I have returned!

This past week has been an experience both daunting and hope
inspiring. When I last posted, I had become convinced I had been
poisoned by eating cold chicken form a store. Everything I ate I was
having to throrugh up again before the day was over! Thus not being
able to retain nourishment for about 10 days I was literally starving
to death! I became too weak to carrry my laptop out to post to
Usenet. I would sit around all day with my stomach in hickups that
became convulsive spasms as time went on. I still had hope I might
start getting better, but it began to seem likely that my strength
might not hold out that long. My body was sthinking! I could see my
arms and legs getting drastcally smaller! I think I lost about 50
pounds!

Finally I accepted the offer from a very kind person to take me to a
hospital. Being one who has stayed away from doctors for many years,
I was amazed at the Star Trek like state of the art of examining
equipment in the emergency room! Thre process was very seamless and
before I knew it I was being admitted to the hospital. Doctors
scanning my stomach determined I was suffering from an intestinal
blockage caused by a hernia! Within hours I was being rushed into
surgery! My mind was bewildered. Was this reality? Did it all add
up? Should I accept the operation? But it all seemed logical, if a
bit unreal. So I let them proceed. This was the last thing I had
expected.

I was wheeled into the operating room. The doctors chatted. As they
began giving me general anesthetic, a doctor made some remark about
the "green oxygen". Then the next thing I remember was waking up in
the recovery room. Reality came back with a sudden and crystal clear
clarity. I heard my name being spoken. As I openned my eyes, a nurse
said, "If you don't recognze this room, it is because you haven't been
here before." I tried to evaluate reality again. I thought for a
moment I had only dreamed I was going to have an operation. But
asking the nurses, they assured me that actually had an operation.
There was no pain. I was not drugged.

I was returned to a private hospital room on the 8th floor where I had
been taken briefly before the operation. I had remembered an aged
nurse hovering over me who seemed to to have an almost saintly aura
about her. I did not see her again.

I didn't know how long my stay would last, but they were dedicated to
letting me well again before letting me leave. I experienced nothing
but kindness from the nurses and staff. The doctor who performed the
surgery was a hell of a nice guy and t checked on me every day. He
seemed to be someone whom even those at the hospital worshipped the
ground he walked on. I was offered any pain relief I wanted,
including morphine, but I felt practically no pain at all. I finally
only requested some Tylenol to help quell general aches and pains to
get me up and moving about quicker.

When I first arrived at the hospital, I was too weak to even raise
myself up on my bed. I felt trapped there on my back. Compared to
the all the wonderful things about the hospital, the matress seemed
extremely uncomfortable and lumpy! More like a burlap mat, it seemed
to me! But my sensitivity to it was partly due to the emaciated state
of my body. It became less uncomfortable as time went on. By the
time I was discharged, my body strength had recovered considerably.

The hospital, the largest west of Portland, rises from a hillside and
dominates the surrounding countryside. The views are wonderful from
the rooms on the upper floors floors. Founded by the Sisters of
Providence, it retains the benevolent ideals of its Catholic origins,
although today thinly veiled. The hospital financial counselor after
reviewing my situation, said the hospital would probably pick up all
expenses for my stay.

Overall, my experience there was a completely pleasant and uplifting
one.

Next time: A personal pedicure from my surgeon, and long walks down
the hall to watch the sunset with wide-eyed yourng Russian student
nurse Olga!

Double-A

Old May 2nd 09, 04:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Holy mackrel, AA. Damn! Glad to hear from you. A "Lazarus" experience
to be sure, huh? Plus, to experience the milk of human kindness.
Wonderful and faith-restoring, isn't it?
oc

Old May 2nd 09, 05:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
\The Honest One\

"Double-A" wrote in message
[...]

Glad that you made it back to us.

I figgered that something was wrong when you suddenly quit posting.

Have faith !!
--
John C.

Old May 2nd 09, 05:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Who gets to pay for your $250,000 tab?

~ BG
Old May 2nd 09, 05:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 1, 8:55*pm, wrote:
Holy mackrel, AA. Damn! Glad to hear from you. A "Lazarus" experience
to be sure, huh? Plus, to experience the milk of human kindness.
Wonderful and faith-restoring, isn't it?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * oc

And these days it's real easy to run a $25,000/day tab.

~ BG
Old May 2nd 09, 06:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"BradGuth" wrote in message
On May 1, 8:25 pm, Double-A wrote:
[...]

**Once you get into dollar figures that high, it just materializes out
of thin air, anyway.

**What is a dollar, anyway?
**Just a number, and a number is just an idea.

Old May 2nd 09, 07:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy
_@Jeff_Relf.Seattle.inValid

Default if I didn't eat for 12 days ...

FromÂ*Double-A's experience, I take it I'd lose 50 pounds,
to weigh “ only ” 150, if I didn't eat for 12 days ...
just a bizarre thought ... I don't need the bed sores.

In stark-contrast to Double-A's experience ...

There's a rather large toga party going on just outside my window,
11:20 p.m., poolside, at the frat ― lots of horny, drunk, teenage girls.
At least it's not 4 a.m. this time, not yet.

Their speakers ( not on right now ) are the loudest I've ever heard,
it sounds like it's 3 inches from my ears, at full volume.

I don't know how they get away with it, I sure as hell would not.
I wonder how many babies they'll conceive tonight.
Old May 2nd 09, 07:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
_@Jeff_Relf.Seattle.inValid

Default Housing Double-A would've cost less, less medical bills.

Age,Â*and homelessness, led to the seizures Double-A was having.
Housing him would've cost less, less medical bills.

Viruses are everywhere.
Normally, when you're not stressed like Double-A is,
like Mexico is, your immune system just fights it off.
Old May 2nd 09, 07:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
_@Jeff_Relf.Seattle.inValid

Default No matter how much money/energy this planet had, it wouldn't be enough.

MarkÂ*Earnest asked Double-A:
“ Who gets to pay for your $250,000 tab? ”.

Don't blame Double-A.
Taxpayers are more than happy to spend millions
on Double-A's hospital bills ...

but they won't spend a dime on his housing,
housing that might make such stays unNecessary.

There are 7 billion horny people on this planet.
No matter how much money/energy this planet had, it wouldn't be enough.
Old May 2nd 09, 02:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Who gets to pay for your $250,000 tab?

**Once you get into dollar figures that high, it just materializes out
of thin air, anyway.

**What is a dollar, anyway?
**Just a number, and a number is just an idea.

If it's deemed perfectly acceptable to expend untold $$billions on non-
crtitical care of ILLEGAL ALIENS, it's not too far fetched to take
care of an AMERICAN in need of *critical* care once in a while.