....OK...Coveted Multi-Billion Immigration Contract Goes to Boeing, Lockheed, Northrup...etc...

Old September 23rd 06, 05:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default ....OK...Coveted Multi-Billion Immigration Contract Goes to Boeing, Lockheed, Northrup...etc...

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:07:37 -0500, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Would the fact that Lynne Cheney was a member of the board of directors
of Lockheed have any affect on that?

I doubt it. Sen. McCain doesn't seem to like the Bush Cronies very
much.

Brian

You do realize that between outright pay and stock options from
Lockheed, Lynne Cheney topped out at $320,000 per year?
I'd be lucky to earn that much in my entire life.

Thank you for the idiotic non sequitur, Pat.
Old September 23rd 06, 11:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Paul F. Dietz

Pat Flannery wrote:

You do realize that between outright pay and stock options from
Lockheed, Lynne Cheney topped out at $320,000 per year?
I'd be lucky to earn that much in my entire life.

You either plan to spend most of your life unemployed,
or to earn less than the US legal minimum wage.

Paul
Old September 23rd 06, 11:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:46:31 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Paul F.
Dietz" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Pat Flannery wrote:

You do realize that between outright pay and stock options from
Lockheed, Lynne Cheney topped out at $320,000 per year?
I'd be lucky to earn that much in my entire life.

You either plan to spend most of your life unemployed,
or to earn less than the US legal minimum wage.

Yes, well...that's Pat. But then, we saw his plan, when he got a
degree in political "science."
Old September 24th 06, 12:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Paul F. Dietz

Pat Flannery wrote:

You do realize that between outright pay and stock options from
Lockheed, Lynne Cheney topped out at $320,000 per year?
I'd be lucky to earn that much in my entire life.

You either plan to spend most of your life unemployed,
or to earn less than the US legal minimum wage.

Yes, well...that's Pat. But then, we saw his plan, when he got a
degree in political "science."

I left out another option: he plans to have a very short life.

Paul

Old September 24th 06, 03:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Brian Thorn wrote:

Even that is not clear-cut. YF-23 was faster and had better range, but
YF-22 was (much) more maneuverable, had a smaller runway footprint and
was more easily servicable.

Frankly, I think the worst offense in recent years is the F-18E/F
Super Hornet, the first time the Navy has ever replaced a front-line
fighter with a greatly inferior aircraft.

The thing about it is the Super Hornet is like the Phantom II; it's not
perfect at any of its tasks, but it can do a lot of things fairly well.
That having been said, we still need at least two separate aircraft to
fill all of those roles well.

Pat

Brian

Old September 24th 06, 03:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Pat Flannery

Paul F. Dietz wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

You do realize that between outright pay and stock options from
Lockheed, Lynne Cheney topped out at $320,000 per year?
I'd be lucky to earn that much in my entire life.

You either plan to spend most of your life unemployed,
or to earn less than the US legal minimum wage.

Welcome to North Dakota- home of the minimum wage.

Pat

Paul

Old September 24th 06, 03:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:31:44 -0500, in a place far, far away, Pat

Paul F. Dietz wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

You do realize that between outright pay and stock options from
Lockheed, Lynne Cheney topped out at $320,000 per year?
I'd be lucky to earn that much in my entire life.

You either plan to spend most of your life unemployed,
or to earn less than the US legal minimum wage.

Welcome to North Dakota- home of the minimum wage.

Yes, and of course, you have no choice except to live in the paradise
that is North Dakota.

If you were looking for sympathy, here's a hint--this isn't the way to
get it.
Old September 24th 06, 03:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro
Pat Flannery

Paul F. Dietz wrote:

Yes, well...that's Pat. But then, we saw his plan, when he got a
degree in political "science."

I left out another option: he plans to have a very short life.

Probably not much longer... as to the degree in political "science",
It's not a perfect science by any means...but it did let me know that
invading Iraq was a stupid idea from the get-go based on the past
experience of humanity's military campaigns.
And speaking of Iraq, we just hit an interesting milestone in our "war
on terror":
http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/..._id=1003156085
That, and those twenty or thirty thousand Iraqi dead (Who knows? Who
cares?) that the president was talking about are a couple of interesting
things to think about in the dark of the night.
"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George
Santayana, "A Life Of Reason" -1906.

Pat
Old September 24th 06, 04:00 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan

"OM" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:46:52 -0500, Brian Thorn
wrote:

Just trying head off the inevitable "it's all Bush's fault" tirade
from Jonathan.

...Yeah, that's one of the reasons most of us have killfiled the
dip****. He actually became more inane than Andre Lieven.

Killfiles are the security blanket of the mediocre.

Every time I hear someone say they've plonked so-and-so
I get a mental image of a eight year old girl covering her ears
and yelling....I CAN'T HEAR YOU.....NANANANANANAH

I apologize for being so rude, but you should know how
you look to others.

Jonathan

OM
--