fear in the eyes of the astronaughts

Old August 1st 05, 06:08 AM
Captain!

Default fear in the eyes of the astronaughts

i saw the interview with the astronaughts today. i am pretty sure that i saw
honest fear in the eyes of two of the crew. i am not trying to be negative
or defeatist. i am only giving my impression. did anyone else see the
interview and notice this?

Old August 1st 05, 10:43 AM
Ray Vingnutte

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 05:08:09 GMT
"Captain!" wrote:

i saw the interview with the astronaughts today. i am pretty sure that
i saw honest fear in the eyes of two of the crew. i am not trying to
be negative or defeatist. i am only giving my impression. did anyone
else see the interview and notice this?

I didn't see the interview, but yes of course they will be worried and
concerned even if they don't say so in public. This is their lives on
the line and they know it. I think Double A had the most sensible answer
and that is if Nasa decide it is safe to fly back then only one person
should be on board, but I wouldn't like to be in the position of
deciding who.

Old August 1st 05, 02:02 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Ray That is good thinking by Double-A leaving six on the ISS. I
would think Commander Collins would be the one who has the authority to
pick who takes Discovery down. No use putting all your eggs in one
basket. Bert

Old August 1st 05, 04:25 PM
Raving Loonie

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Ray That is good thinking by Double-A leaving six on the ISS. I
would think Commander Collins would be the one who has the authority to
pick who takes Discovery down. No use putting all your eggs in one
basket. Bert

The commander goes down with the sinking ship ? Nonsense.

How about a bit of circumspectual thinking here ...

We are dealing with subjectivity. Because of all of the intense concern
and micro inspection we now know of falling foam and protruding
insulation strips.

SNAFU

... Columbia seems as ' safe ' as it ever is for the trip back home.

What, me worry ?
( ... or you could simply ' mothball ' the remaining shuttles in NEO
? )

RL

Old August 1st 05, 08:27 PM
Ray Vingnutte

On 1 Aug 2005 08:25:43 -0700
"Raving Loonie" wrote:

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Ray That is good thinking by Double-A leaving six on the ISS. I
would think Commander Collins would be the one who has the authority
to pick who takes Discovery down. No use putting all your eggs in
one basket. Bert

The commander goes down with the sinking ship ? Nonsense.

Nah, there are two crew on board who are unmarried, Robinson and
Lawrence, the honourable thing to do would be for one of those to step
forward and volunteer and demand that they bring it back. If they are
not up to flying it then autopilot it and show them how to lower the
landing gear and deploy the wind speed thingy. Oh and prey of course..

Old August 2nd 05, 12:00 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi RL I think your right that all seven will come back down. Lets hope
the caulking works. The only thing is the Discovery is 2.5 years
older,and aging can create more hazards. Beert