Building a Base on Mars

Old July 31st 03, 02:21 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Building a Base on Mars

Hi Douglas Glad you find the post interesting. For man to go that
far he can't build a base without using material on Mars surface. Lets
go with sand(Mars has plenty of that) I could be made into glass. With
cement,and water it could be made into blocks(concrete) It is very hard
to dig down into fine sand(it pours) I think the best
astronauts to make such a long trip should be about 55 years old. In
great shape be bachelors(no family ties) and it would be a one way
trip.They would live out their lives doing research on Mars. I would go
in a heart beat. After 55 its down hill. Food now comes before sex. In
the future rich people will pay to be buried on Mars. Mars has no
maggots,or worms. Its cold temperature will keep the body fresh for
millions of years. It's the way to go. Bert

Old July 31st 03, 03:03 PM
BenignVanilla

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
R I'll go where water might be. That is the main theme of my post.
Bert

I agree. Go to the water...I'd just prefer a nice titanium or even aluminum
structure instead of the igloo. Now back to the menu...how are we going
to raise t-bones up there.

BV.

Old July 31st 03, 03:04 PM
BenignVanilla

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
R I'll go where water might be. That is the main theme of my post.
Bert

What about the CO2 rich environment...would earth-species plants be able to
survive in a partial dome that allows some atmosphere in?

BV.

Old July 31st 03, 03:27 PM
Greg Neill

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
R I'll go where water might be. That is the main theme of my post.
Bert

What about the CO2 rich environment...would earth-species plants be able

survive in a partial dome that allows some atmosphere in?

You might want to pump it in to get the pressure up.

Plants like CO2, H20 and sunlight (amongst a number of other
mineral substances they derive from the soil).

Old July 31st 03, 05:18 PM
Bill Duncan

In article ,
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hi Douglas Glad you find the post interesting. For man to go that
far he can't build a base without using material on Mars surface. Lets
go with sand(Mars has plenty of that) I could be made into glass. With
cement,and water it could be made into blocks(concrete) It is very hard
to dig down into fine sand(it pours) I think the best
astronauts to make such a long trip should be about 55 years old. In
great shape be bachelors(no family ties) and it would be a one way
trip.They would live out their lives doing research on Mars. I would go
in a heart beat. After 55 its down hill. Food now comes before sex. In
the future rich people will pay to be buried on Mars. Mars has no
maggots,or worms. Its cold temperature will keep the body fresh for
millions of years. It's the way to go. Bert

And just where do you get the concrete from?Hmmmm?Concrete cannot be

made from materials found on Mars.Also,the ideal temps for pouring
concrete are between 50 and 90 degrees.
http://www.rivercityreadymix.com/prep.html
Do a little homework before you post.Bill.
Old July 31st 03, 07:44 PM
CeeBee

Bill Duncan wrote

Do a little homework before you post.Bill.

Some of the weirdest ideas became the best ideas due to a lack of homework
and a surplus of fantasy

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 1st 03, 02:00 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

CeeBee Thanks It is so easy to look over the shoulder of another
person an be critical. Maybe instead of concrete I should have
adobe. I was smart enough not to say wood. Bert

Old August 2nd 03, 05:43 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Douglas Why not just add an air bubble to the lander. Bert

Old August 2nd 03, 07:08 PM
Douglas A. Shrader

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Douglas Why not just add an air bubble to the lander. Bert

It would be better to send the shelter there and deploy it before the
astronauts ever leave Earth, to insure they have it when they land. Don't
want to travel all that way and have your home destroyed in the landing.

Old August 2nd 03, 08:46 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

My Wife just added the air bubble should be made of bubble gum. I knew I
should never married a girl so young. It was a case of sex over brains.
She is the bubble gum chapion of the world. Bert