Finding a part description and part # for a 14" Meade

Old April 7th 12, 01:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson[_2_]

Default Finding a part description and part # for a 14" Meade

I seem to have misplaced a part that holds the eyepiece in place. Rather
than describe it, I'll direct you to a Google image that shows it. I had
called Meade about it, and guided them to it. They won't be able to get
to it until next week. If I've truly lost it, I'd like to order it soon.

Go to Google (image) and type in meade lx200 focus. You'll see the part
to the right and down one row from the pix of Saturn. For a larger view,
hover your cursor on the picture, then click on the link. The piece is
between the telescope and the diagonal. It looks like a stove pipe hat.
The "rim" screws into the back of the scope. The "hat" holds the diagonal.

Meade thought it was a back fill adapter, but I have my doubts.
Old April 7th 12, 02:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Il mio nome è Nessuno

"W. eWatson" wrote in
:

I seem to have misplaced a part that holds the eyepiece in place.
Rather than describe it, I'll direct you to a Google image that shows
it. I had called Meade about it, and guided them to it. They won't be
able to get to it until next week. If I've truly lost it, I'd like
to order it soon.

Go to Google (image) and type in meade lx200 focus. You'll see the
part to the right and down one row from the pix of Saturn. For a
larger view, hover your cursor on the picture, then click on the link.
The piece is between the telescope and the diagonal. It looks like a
stove pipe hat. The "rim" screws into the back of the scope. The "hat"
holds the diagonal.

Meade thought it was a back fill adapter, but I have my doubts.

I think you are referring to the visual back...they are interchangeable
between manufacturers

http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?...al%20back&st=2
Old April 7th 12, 02:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Il mio nome è Nessuno

"Il mio nome è Nessuno" wrote in news:jlo3j0$iea$1
@dont-email.me:

"W. eWatson" wrote in
:

[...]

a better 'mouse trap'...

http://www.petersonengineering.com/sky/EO.htm
Old April 7th 12, 02:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson[_2_]

On 4/6/2012 6:03 PM, Il mio nome è Nessuno wrote:
"Il mio nome è wrote in news:jlo3j0$iea$1
@dont-email.me:

"W. wrote in
:

[...]

Bueno. Thanks. Found the Meade. In the meantime I found another way to
put the eyepiece in. I can't find my diagonal either, but it'll turn up.