Couple of new Holmes images after attaching my camera to the 'scope...

Old October 30th 07, 08:59 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
JamesB

Default Couple of new Holmes images after attaching my camera to the 'scope...

So, as it was clear last night I thought I'd drag the telescope out for the
first time since moving house. Amazingly it still seemed to be aligned
pretty well, so I fitted my camera adapter and clicked on the DSLR.
Unfortunately I then remembered why I had given up on this last time - the
focuser wouldn't quite move in enough for it to focus properly. Grabbed a
spanner and moved the mirror up the tube as far as possible, and I coudl
then get the focus closer (still not perfect, but probably my eyes!).

Anyway, the two new images are at the bottom of the page -
http://www.puffle.co.uk/pics.php

James