Blackhole Limerick--Where Find?

Old June 11th 14, 03:51 AM posted to sci.astro
palsing[_2_]

Default Blackhole Limerick--Where Find?

On Saturday, August 1, 1992 4:40:18 PM UTC-7, wayne t. watson wrote:
Does anyone recall a limerick that has to do with NASA, the Apollo spacecraft,
and black holes? I heard it a few weeks ago but my memory for such things
is short lived. I suspect the limerick has been around for awhile.
--
Wayne T. Watson (415) 969-4233
Mountain View, CA

One of these?

There was a young fellow named Cole
Who ventured too near a black hole.
His dv by dt
Was quite wondrous to see
But now all that's left is his soul.

A black hole isn't much of a sight,
For intense gravitational might
Makes it dark, I recall,
Because nothing at all
Can escape from it, not even light.

A black hole, gravitational well,
Casts a wide ineluctable spell.
You may cross its horizon
Without realizin'
You're bound for extinction pell-mell!

Kuku Limerick Knecht Astronomy Misc 0 December 2nd 09 02:58 AM
Astro Limerick--Fraknoi W. Watson Astronomy Misc 1 October 17th 06 12:24 PM
Limerick Time! Double-A Misc 15 September 3rd 06 01:39 PM
Limerick Time! Pat Misc 1 August 23rd 06 04:27 PM
Limerick Time! Double-A Misc 4 August 19th 06 02:21 AM