In Five Billion Years when the Sun goes Red Giant

Old January 24th 18, 08:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default In Five Billion Years when the Sun goes Red Giant

I bet that when the Sun goes red giant it will not harm Earth at all. As the Sun loses mass the orbit of Earth will slowly spiral further away from the Sun and we will be safe. No need to migrate to the Cosmos. But the dark huge red Sun will look cool!

Old January 24th 18, 08:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Mark Earnest wrote:
I bet that when the Sun goes red giant it will not harm Earth at all.
As the Sun loses mass the orbit of Earth will slowly spiral further
away from the Sun and we will be safe. No need to migrate to the
Cosmos. But the dark huge red Sun will look cool!

The sun will not lose mass initially . Same mass, just .less dense.
A ton of feathers falling on you will kill you just as dead as being hit by
a ton of iron
But it's surface will be closer, so the pull will be greater.
And as it begins to shed the outside layers, that superheated plasma will
cook everything it passes
..
However I'm not worried.
I have months of food in storage

Old January 24th 18, 09:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

.
However I'm not worried.
I have months of food in storage

The Sun is always losing mass as it uses up its fuel supply. Earth has not noticed it yet because the Sun has not yet lost enough mass to overcome its binding to the dark matter groove holding it to its orbit.

Just wait you will see. We will all be safe.

Old January 24th 18, 09:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Consult the very good resources on this.

To put things in perspective, 5 billion is 5,000 million, and each
million is 1,000 millennia ! So 5 billion is 5 million millennia !
Only a measly 2 millennia will take you all the way back to the start
of the Roman empire. So 5 billion is 2500 times that ! Suggest you
don't hold your breath.
Old January 24th 18, 10:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew[_6_]

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message ...

I bet that when the Sun goes red giant it will not harm Earth at all. As the Sun loses
mass the orbit of Earth will slowly spiral further away from the Sun and we will be
safe. No need to migrate to the Cosmos. But the dark huge red Sun will look cool!

This will coincide approximately with the same time that Andromeda
collides with us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYCpQyRp-4

As you say, "It will look cool!"

Enjoy!
Old January 24th 18, 10:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 2:58:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Consult the very good resources on this.

To put things in perspective, 5 billion is 5,000 million, and each
million is 1,000 millennia ! So 5 billion is 5 million millennia !
Only a measly 2 millennia will take you all the way back to the start
of the Roman empire. So 5 billion is 2500 times that ! Suggest you
don't hold your breath.

I am just talking the way the enthusiastic scientists are talking. They are already making plans on how we are going to migrate to the stars five billion years from now. Seems they don't think we are going to die!

Old January 25th 18, 12:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Aw crap,....do you mean I stocked up on food for nothing ?

Old January 25th 18, 11:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

This will coincide approximately with the same time that Andromeda
collides with us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYCpQyRp-4

As you say, "It will look cool!"

Enjoy!

Essentially a MERGE rather than a COLLISION, where essentially nothing
will actually collide.
Old January 25th 18, 12:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

With the firm limitation of light speed, with actual space travel far
slower by factors of tens of thousands, we won't be
migrating anywhere outside the solar system, at all, ever !
Old January 25th 18, 01:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_2_]

On 25/01/2018 8:29 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 2:58:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Consult the very good resources on this.

To put things in perspective, 5 billion is 5,000 million, and each
million is 1,000 millennia ! So 5 billion is 5 million millennia !
Only a measly 2 millennia will take you all the way back to the start
of the Roman empire. So 5 billion is 2500 times that ! Suggest you
don't hold your breath.

I am just talking the way the enthusiastic scientists are talking. They are already making plans on how we are going to migrate to the stars five billion years from now. Seems they don't think we are going to die!

Optimistic bunch those scientists.

---
http://www.avg.com