Remark on a comment made

Old January 21st 18, 10:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Remark on a comment made

The contributor who made the original comment that physical descriptions go beyond normal language but can only be understood mathematically exposes something that has lasted centuries. The theorists convinced the wider world that they exist in a higher plane of reasoning so they reach for analogies familiar to people to support what is essentially voodoo and bluffing. Newton did it with his bucket analogy but at least behind it was the RA/Dec framework which still plagues physical descriptions of the solar system in our era.

Most people won't give 10 minutes of their time to appreciate how the motions of the Earth make their life possible even when 21st century imaging while the theorists and magnification hobbyists really don't have an interest in astronomy other than exploiting it for their own interests.

It points to a dysfunctional era where those who express phony concern for our home planet won't even acknowledge basic facts. The original hope of human space travel after the Apollo project is currently lost to theorists who oppose humanity journeying into space so they can chant voodoo from their university cubicles. Such a strange and dismaying situation.

Old January 22nd 18, 04:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

QED. Not right in the head.

Gerald Kelleher wrote in
:

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old January 23rd 18, 09:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Monday, 22 January 2018 17:44:17 UTC+1, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
QED. Not right in the head.

No need to state the obvious.
We've tried that. Often.
It doesn't work.
Old January 23rd 18, 05:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

"Chris.B" wrote in
:

On Monday, 22 January 2018 17:44:17 UTC+1, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:
QED. Not right in the head.

No need to state the obvious.

"We're not saying anything new here. We're just saying the same
things that need to be said again and again with fierce conviction."

We've tried that. Often.
It doesn't work.

It works quite well for me. I expect we have different goals in doing
so.

Old January 23rd 18, 11:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Flicking through the channels this evening and I came across a program by a theorist called 'The Grand Design'. The first episode was titled I am god , I mean - Do we need a God ?, which wasn't a question but a statement using the usual voodoo and bluffing.

What was remarkable about the episode in his attempt to pit the Catholic Church against science was that he mentioned Aristagoras as the real discoverer of the heliocentric system, entirely bypassed Copernicus and went straight to Galileo's observations of Jupiter.

"...just as Cleanthes thought it right that the Greeks collectively should impeach Aristagoras the Stoic, of impiety, for overthrowing the altar of earth, because the fellow attempted to account for visible phenomena by supposing that the sky remains fixed, and that the earth rolls round down an oblique circle, turning at the same time upon its own axis." Plutarch

http://thriceholy.net/Texts/Moon.html

What defines empirical theorists is not a right/wrong issue but how they can simply manufacture history to promote an agenda and it seems in imitation of what Newton did but not entirely, Newton simply manufactured his own design by misusing terms and insights of the original Sun-centered astronomers.

It is no wonder the science fantasists have found a home in this newsgroup as the formal academic history of theorists is basically science fiction. It may be an addiction or a cult, I cannot say, but that it is easily undone using the original texts of the great astronomers with time lapse, imaging and graphics allows generations to bypass the interruption to astronomy by the theorists and the Right Ascension/ Declination framework.

Maybe viewers won't have to suffer these celebrity theorists and their awful mangling of genuine achievements and history.

Old January 24th 18, 06:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 3:31:12 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

What defines empirical theorists is not a right/wrong issue but how they
can simply manufacture history to promote an agenda

Well, being a Whiggish lot, we think people like Cleanthes and Torquemada
were wicked. If only because they have a tendency to get in our way, if the
impact of their actions on the brave and honest does not move you.

John Savard
Old January 24th 18, 09:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 06:11:00 UTC+1, Quadibloc wrote:

Well, being a Whiggish lot, we think people like Cleanthes and Torquemada
were wicked. If only because they have a tendency to get in our way, if the
impact of their actions on the brave and honest does not move you.

John Savard

The crowned, senile, head of the RC millennia Pedophiles, millennia Serial Abusers, millennia Property Empire Builders, millennia Science Deniers, millennia Money Launderers, millennia Torturers and millennia Criminal and Nazi Apologists still demands the moral high ground?

How does that work for 1461 in 2018?