Construction methods

Old March 31st 13, 09:05 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Construction methods

Imagine docking to a rotating station as well. I tried this in Elite once,
not as trivial as it might appear.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Greg (Strider) Moore" wrote in message
m...
"JF Mezei" wrote in message
eb.com...

And in terms of rotating wheels, can those actually be built and rotate
in a stable rotation without being off axis and rotating out of control
? It would require very even mass distribution around the rim.

There was a short story I read, probably 30 years ago in Omni that
involved a rotating space station that developed a rather severe mass
distribution imbalance and the efforts it took to save the station.

Quite interesting, but I don't recall any more details.

--
Greg D. Moore
http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/

Old April 5th 13, 12:30 AM posted to sci.space.station
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ...

Imagine docking to a rotating station as well. I tried this in Elite once,
not as trivial as it might appear.

Actually probably not all that hard. Come up close, match attitude and then
match rotation.
Brian