It's official: Enterprise jumps the shark

Old October 10th 03, 12:20 AM
Terrell Miller

Default It's official: Enterprise jumps the shark

Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

--
Terrell Miller

"In the early days as often
as not the (rocket) exploded on or near the launch pad; that
seldom happens any longer."
-Columbia Accident Investigation Board report, vol.1 p.19

Old October 10th 03, 12:25 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:20:06 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Terrell
Miller" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

I'll bet that they were pleased with the audience response when T'Pal
went into Pon Farr a few episodes ago, and decided to do another
episode with an emotional sexy Vulcan.

Old October 10th 03, 12:38 AM
Herb Schaltegger

In article ,
"Terrell Miller" wrote:

Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

Ahh, t'were just as well . . . I need to devote more time to my guitars
anyway and Wednesdays are one of the few nights NOT already given to
soccer, baseball, plays or other stuff with the kids (one of the few
advantages for living in the buckle of the Bible belt :-/ )

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer
Old October 10th 03, 12:39 AM
Ian Stirling

In sci.space.policy Terrell Miller wrote:
Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

I haven't seen the episode in question, but it's been pretty obvious it
was going to happen, ever since the gratuitous-vulcan-oiling in episode
2 or so.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Squawk Pieces of eight!
Old October 10th 03, 12:45 AM
Mike Dicenso

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Ian Stirling wrote:

In sci.space.policy Terrell Miller wrote:
Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

I haven't seen the episode in question, but it's been pretty obvious it
was going to happen, ever since the gratuitous-vulcan-oiling in episode
2 or so.

Don't let him decide for you. The episode was actually pretty good, and
overall has been getting a very positive response. I certainly enjoyed it.
T'Pol is not emotional for no reason at all.
-Mike
Old October 10th 03, 01:40 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
I'll bet that they were pleased with the audience response when T'Pal
went into Pon Farr a few episodes ago, and decided to do another
episode with an emotional sexy Vulcan.

Well, yeah, I guess it was sexy *FOR A KLINGON*.

Stuff her into a stasis tube- which has already been established- and spread
the joy. Or build her a bubble boy chamber. Hell, find some crewmen jacking
off and assign them the Red Dwarf detail- painting the stuff on the outside.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

Old October 10th 03, 05:09 PM
Ian Stirling

In sci.space.policy Mike Dicenso wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Ian Stirling wrote:

In sci.space.policy Terrell Miller wrote:
Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

I haven't seen the episode in question, but it's been pretty obvious it
was going to happen, ever since the gratuitous-vulcan-oiling in episode
2 or so.

Don't let him decide for you. The episode was actually pretty good, and
overall has been getting a very positive response. I certainly enjoyed it.
T'Pol is not emotional for no reason at all.

I have to admit, I'd prefer to see (generally) any new episode of any
series of ST rather than Enterprise, but, there is little else on.

Obsci.space.*: Routing extremely high power signal behind consoles is
a bad idea.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept that I cannot change, the
Old October 10th 03, 08:51 PM
Mike Dicenso

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Ian Stirling wrote:

In sci.space.policy Mike Dicenso wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Ian Stirling wrote:

In sci.space.policy Terrell Miller wrote:
Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

I haven't seen the episode in question, but it's been pretty obvious it
was going to happen, ever since the gratuitous-vulcan-oiling in episode
2 or so.

Don't let him decide for you. The episode was actually pretty good, and
overall has been getting a very positive response. I certainly enjoyed it.
T'Pol is not emotional for no reason at all.

I have to admit, I'd prefer to see (generally) any new episode of any
series of ST rather than Enterprise, but, there is little else on.

*cough* *cough* You'd rather watch VOYAGER???!!!!
-Mike
Old October 11th 03, 12:05 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:20:06 -0400, "Terrell Miller"
wrote:

Missed last week's ep, turned yesterday's (title: Night Of The Living
Vulcans) off ten minutes into it. Will not be going back.

Now have another evening free each week, woohoo!

I felt like I was watching a lame first person shooter.
Old October 11th 03, 03:42 AM
John Savard

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:51:33 -0700, Mike Dicenso
wrote, in part:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Ian Stirling wrote:

I have to admit, I'd prefer to see (generally) any new episode of any
series of ST rather than Enterprise, but, there is little else on.

*cough* *cough* You'd rather watch VOYAGER???!!!!

I didn't agree with that point of view in previous seasons, but now,
after the episode in question, I would no longer be strongly critical
of it. I had hopes for Enterprise to be the third best ST - better
than Voyager, more exciting than Deep Space Nine - but while the most
recent episode is not without its moments, it is all too clearly
showing the series *is* running out of gas.

I was able to accept the theme music as it was originally, but now
they have made it awful as well. I'm afraid that Enterprise has become
pretty much what those who trashed it at the beginning felt it to be
then.

But the Original Series had pretty awful episodes too... it is
remembered, though, for the good ones. So Enterprise is *not* beyond
redemption. Just a few good scripts, treated with respect...

John Savard