Summer in Gresham

Old June 17th 17, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summer in Gresham

Summer is just a few days away. Currently a Freudian 69F here as of 1:30 PM PDT. A warm and gentle westerly wind at 6 mph. The rain has stopped, but still cloudy. Typical June weather in Oregon.

I see they have finally removed the library pay phone. I assure you, this is one pay phone I did not abuse. The sign said "No Incoming Calls", so I took no incoming calls.

Farmer's market today outside.

Double-A

Old June 18th 17, 01:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

Summer is just a few days away. Currently a Freudian 69F here as of 1:30 PM
PDT. A warm and gentle westerly wind at 6 mph. The rain has stopped, but
still cloudy. Typical June weather in Oregon.

I see they have finally removed the library pay phone. I assure you, this
is one pay phone I did not abuse. The sign said "No Incoming Calls", so I
took no incoming calls.

Farmer's market today outside.

Double-A

*** so you actually know people who call you ???
Oh yea, treBert ... if he can find a pay phone and
someone to bum a quarter off ...

Old June 18th 17, 08:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 5:49:00 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

Summer is just a few days away. Currently a Freudian 69F here as of 1:30 PM
PDT. A warm and gentle westerly wind at 6 mph. The rain has stopped, but
still cloudy. Typical June weather in Oregon.

I see they have finally removed the library pay phone. I assure you, this
is one pay phone I did not abuse. The sign said "No Incoming Calls", so I
took no incoming calls.

Farmer's market today outside.

Double-A

*** so you actually know people who call you ???
Oh yea, treBert ... if he can find a pay phone and
someone to bum a quarter off ...

I used to talk for hours to Raving Loony on pay phones. Even when they had disabled the pay phone's ringer to discourage incoming calls, at an agreed upon time, he would ring my cell phone. I didn't answer that, so it cost me nothing. Then I would count down a number of seconds, and then pick up the receiver of the pay phone. Usually, if we timed it right, he would be on the line! Cost me nothing, and he was using a discount long distance service.

Sun has come out finally today. Temp up to 73F as of 12:30. Wind north at 5 mph.

Kim brought me a lot of good Korean food last night. I am now eating well!

Double-A

Old June 18th 17, 09:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

*** If people like yourself and treBert would put as much effort into
making an honest living as you are trying to scam the system, you'd
probably could do quite well ....

Old June 18th 17, 09:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

When was the last time you worked? I, on the other hand, am busy laying the groundwork for opening a business in Troutdale!

Double-A

Old June 18th 17, 11:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

*** Right ... like treBert and his M&M whatever. I hear it made him
filthy rich and a contender for the Nobel, to boot ... in your dreams.
PS: I officially retired on June 9th. Three retirement accounts,
Social Security and MSD from a fairy substantial 401K. So,
don't worry about me, AA. However, I wish you all the best
in your Dumpster Diving business ....

Old June 20th 17, 09:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A little cooler today. 74F as o 1:30 PM. Wind NW at 7 mph.

Took big bag of my beer cans and bottles to the redemption center. I sure do like this 10 cent return over the old 5 cent return! I got $7.60 for just one bag! I made a clear profit by holding over a lot of containers I bought before the deposit price increased!

Double-A

Old June 22nd 17, 08:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A perfect 2ns day of summer here in Gresham. Temp a perfect 71F as of 12:15 PM PDT. Wind north at 7 mph.

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday. This time Kim picked up the check!

Double-A

Old June 23rd 17, 08:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny day. 81F now at noon. Predicted high 92F. Wind NE at 8 mph. We are entering into a heat wave here. I think warm air must be drifting up from Phoenix!

Oregon has now passed a law making the taking of road kill for human consumption legal! I guess that will make Oregon a trailer trash paradise!

Double-A

Old June 23rd 17, 08:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Sunny day. 81F now at noon. Predicted high 92F. Wind NE at 8 mph. We are
entering into a heat wave here. I think warm air must be drifting up from
Phoenix!

Oregon has now passed a law making the taking of road kill for human
consumption legal! I guess that will make Oregon a trailer trash paradise!

Double-A

*******
Hagar is already considering a move. According to "Trailer Trash Weekly,"
the road kill found in the vicinity of his Elk Grove trailer park isn't all
that tasty.