The Ocean on Triton

Old June 10th 17, 04:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default The Ocean on Triton

I just watched a show called "To the Edge of the Universe",
which began with a trip through the Solar System. One of
the stops was the Moon Triton, which is comparatively huge
and entirely covered by ice. The suggestion was made that
there might be water a mile or so below the surface, and the
implication was that there might be life in that vast ocean,
since water can only exist in a limited temperature range,
aka "The Goldilocks Zone". The reason scientists claim there
is water below the surface are the numerous surface cracks,
which have an uncanny resemblance to the Arctic Ice shelf
during the Spring Thawing of the Arctic. There are
discolorations on the cracks, which scientists claim are cause
by upwelling water, carrying tiny organisms to the surface,
which then freeze there.
Now my question is this: in order for life to exist anywhere in
the Solar System, at least, Oxygen is required. Water contains
diffused Oxygen, but where does it come from on Triton and,
if there is life that actually breathes the stuff, as the scientists
suggest, where does the replacement oxygen come from; after
all, there is no atmosphere and I doubt that any sub-surface
ocean has enough exposure to sunlight, especially a mile down,
to permit a thriving aquatic vegetation to flourish and to
create the necessary replacement oxygen.
Old June 10th 17, 06:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Arc Michael

we now have two trees of life. One is carbon or hydrogen and the other is sulfur, or NON Oxygen. We grow no oxygen life at #UC Berkeley , my school. Cool eh?

Old June 10th 17, 12:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Ned Latham[_2_]

Hägar wrote:

[...]

Not true. The ealiest forms of life on Earth were anaerobbic
organisms; ie, organisms that live withput oxygen. Some, such
as the cyanobacteria, produced oxygen as a by-product of
their metabolism. It is thought that the production of oxygen
by cyanobacteria caused the extiction of most anaerobic
organisms and paved the way for aerobic organisms to flourish.

Water contains
diffused Oxygen, but where does it come from on Triton and,
if there is life that actually breathes the stuff, as the scientists
suggest, where does the replacement oxygen come from; after
all, there is no atmosphere and I doubt that any sub-surface
ocean has enough exposure to sunlight, especially a mile down,
to permit a thriving aquatic vegetation to flourish and to
create the necessary replacement oxygen.

No chemicaql process can create oxygen. It has to be present
anyway, perhaps in compind molecules.
Old June 10th 17, 05:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Ned Latham wrote:
Hägar wrote:

[...]

If you think no chemical process can create oxygen, can you not ask a tree
or any other plant how photosynthesis works.
....Even wikipedia can explain it.

Old June 10th 17, 06:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Bast" wrote in message news
Ned Latham wrote:
Hägar wrote:

[...]

*** I think he and noTroll were busy digging for buggers when those
subjects were covered in school ....

Old June 10th 17, 07:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Hägar" wrote in message

"Bast" wrote in message news
Ned Latham wrote:
Hägar wrote:

[...]

***This from a man whose buggers are still on the short bus window right
below the hook than held his helmet. He now uses that helmet to go vroom,
vroom mother****er on the way out of the trailer park to scoop up road kill
for dinner.

Old June 10th 17, 08:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Arc Michael

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:04:22 AM UTC-7, Bast wrote:
Ned Latham wrote:
Hägar wrote:

[...]

lolz #winning
...Even wikipedia can explain it.

Old June 10th 17, 11:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Ned Latham[_2_]

Bast wrote:
Ned Latham wrote:

----snip----

No chemicaql process can create oxygen. It has to be present
anyway, perhaps in compound molecules.

If you think no chemical process can create oxygen,

It's not an opinion,. idiot.

can you not ask a tree or any other plant how photosynthesis works.

It doesn't create oxygen; it uses light energy to convert water and
carbon dioxide into carbohydrates and oxygen.

...Even wikipedia can explain it.

Try reading it, then. See if you find the bit about "generating"
oxygen as a by-product. Then look up the word "generate". See
if you can then work out that it doesn't mean "create".
Old June 11th 17, 03:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Ned Latham wrote:
Bast wrote:
Ned Latham wrote:

----snip----

No chemicaql process can create oxygen. It has to be present
anyway, perhaps in compound molecules.

If you think no chemical process can create oxygen,

It's not an opinion,. idiot.

can you not ask a tree or any other plant how photosynthesis works.

It doesn't create oxygen; it uses light energy to convert water and
carbon dioxide into carbohydrates and oxygen.

...Even wikipedia can explain it.

Try reading it, then. See if you find the bit about "generating"
oxygen as a by-product. Then look up the word "generate". See
if you can then work out that it doesn't mean "create".

Actually, I rarely use wikipedia myself. It's too dumbed down to be a real
source of valid information.
But if you put a plant in an oxygen free sealed enviroment, with only carbon
dioxide. The plant thrives and if you then do a gas analysis,....you will
find oxygen.

HOW DO IT HAPPEN ??? You ask ?

Try watching an entertaining video,.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQK3Yr4Sc_k

BTW,.....as you will see,...Carbon Dioxide is a good gas to keep around in
the atmoshere, as without it, ALL the plants would die, and the oxygen
breathers would be next.
So **** the global warming nutheads, and let your car idle in the driveway
while you burn up all those hydrocarbons and make a plant happy today.

Old June 12th 17, 06:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Arc Michael

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:06:03 PM UTC-7, Bast wrote:
Ned Latham wrote:
Bast wrote:
Ned Latham wrote:

----snip----

No chemicaql process can create oxygen. It has to be present
anyway, perhaps in compound molecules.

If you think no chemical process can create oxygen,

It's not an opinion,. idiot.

can you not ask a tree or any other plant how photosynthesis works.

It doesn't create oxygen; it uses light energy to convert water and
carbon dioxide into carbohydrates and oxygen.

...Even wikipedia can explain it.

Try reading it, then. See if you find the bit about "generating"
oxygen as a by-product. Then look up the word "generate". See
if you can then work out that it doesn't mean "create".

Actually, I rarely use wikipedia myself.

congrats, my either; not a major source.

It's too dumbed down to be a real
source of valid information.
But if you put a plant in an oxygen free sealed enviroment, with only carbon
dioxide. The plant thrives and if you then do a gas analysis,....you will
find oxygen.

oxygen can be trapped on roid rocks, en capsulized; see early bombardment period, early earth crust formations.